Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
I installed the latest 1.0.x from extras-devel.
Read above what I've said about it.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
This doesn't work for me.
You migth have missed the rootsh part. I've edited the original command above. Do not mess with the .desktop file as the problem lies in the symlink.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Read above what I've said about it.
Well, yes.
I don't know how to install from plain Extras when -devel is enabled.
I know, I could disable devel, install from extras and reenable devel, but then it would bother me with the update every day.

Anyways, what problems are there with the 1.0.x version?

anyway to get music in this? I thought that was the best part of the game

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Is there any reason why it can't be removed from devel? Especially if the update doesn't contain anything worth updating for.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Here you are: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo1_armel.deb

It's not tested at all. I don't own the TTD game. I just updated sources, patches and recompiled.
Hi Smoku, I'm really appreciated for your quick respond but I had a chance and time for some fun already to check it. I have the previous version of OpenTTD installed with all of open packages, however when I'm trying to install yours it's giving me error saying "openttd-data (= 10.1.1-1maemo1) missing". Where can I get this package from?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I just uploaded 1.0.2 to -devel. Note that this is stil not feature-par with the current 0.7.4 on extras, as it doesn't have any dialogs resized and thus is unplayable on 400x240, but works fine in 800x480.

At least the free sounds are working (but not the free music). Also online play should be back without nasty security issues. If there's a checksum mismatch please tell.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by akirayuki View Post
Is there any reason why it can't be removed from devel? Especially if the update doesn't contain anything worth updating for.
Because devel isn't meant to be there for the users... its for the development. Technically you shouldn't be in there at all......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I've got yellow exclamation mark today and what i see? 1.0.2 update
All works fine on n900! I love you

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I just uploaded 1.0.2 to -devel. Note that this is stil not feature-par with the current 0.7.4 on extras, as it doesn't have any dialogs resized and thus is unplayable on 400x240, but works fine in 800x480.

At least the free sounds are working (but not the free music). Also online play should be back without nasty security issues. If there's a checksum mismatch please tell.
Thank you very much!
My favourite feature is kinetic scrolling in the OpenTTD UI - that is just pure awesomeness.
The only problem with the game experience is that sometimes it can be hard to click on the buttons, even with the stylus. The advanced options window is simply unplayable this way.

Okay, I tried to create a multiplayer game with my N900 and my laptop.

I used the 1.0.2 version on both Windows and the N900.
I tried using Bluetooth PAN, the home Wi-Fi network, and also USB networking (using Mad Developer).

All of them resulted in the same issue:

If I create a game from my laptop as the server, the N900 is able to see it, but when I want to connect, it says "Could not load savegame."
If I create a new game on the N900, it seems that the laptop doesn't see it at all.

Note that if I launch OpenTTD from a root terminal, it can connect to the game started on my laptop, but if I start the game on the N900, the laptop still doesn't see it.

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-07-02 at 23:40.

Installed openttd from the extra-devel repositories and works like a charm! Didn't need the original ttd files. Thanks very very much!

Tags
games, openttd, port, sdl