Notices

Originally Posted by megabyte405 View Post

(PS: If _anyone_ can get the small stylus keyboard (not the full-screen thumb keyboard) up in this version, please tell me how! That has the potential to lead right to the bug!)
first of all thanks for this port, even with it's shortcomings it's great (using abiword filetype or the square button for kb aren't problems for me).

About this quote from you dating two month's ago: It seems that the n800 onscreen keyboard pop's up when activating text-boxes on Edit - Find / Replace / Goto and also on all the other text-boxes under the menu-structure. So the non-popping-up behaviour seems to be restricted to the actual text-editing field.

I have just installed Abiword in Diablo and its very annoying that no touchscreen keyboard with stylus input. How can this bug fix?
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by mandrake64 View Post
I have just installed Abiword in Diablo and its very annoying that no touchscreen keyboard with stylus input. How can this bug fix?
Thanks in advance
Read Qole:s post from first page of this thread for a workaround.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
No, don't use the touchscreen keyboard with this Abiword. Not ever. It will crash the app.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
No, don't use the touchscreen keyboard with this Abiword. Not ever. It will crash the app.
Ok. I understand.Thanks for your explanation.
New note: I have just tried your first page advise with success, no crashed after 10 lines. Thanks one more time for your help.

Last edited by mandrake64; 2008-09-26 at 11:26.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If you use the hildon keyboard with this Abiword, make sure you save your work often. You may be lucky, or you may not be.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
If you use the hildon keyboard with this Abiword, make sure you save your work often. You may be lucky, or you may not be.
Ok, I will keep your advise in my mind.
Thanks

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Broward Co., FL
Thanks for the great thread, I'm learning about my new N810 every day. In hunting for the extras-devel, I wound up finding a super-easy way of getting it loaded. I went to http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras and clicked on "To enable Extras repository, just open this link on your tablet.", then further down the page, I clicked on another link to enable the extras-devel repository.

Thanks to Maemo for making it mega-simple! I'm now looking forward to installing Abiword and taking it for a test drive.

Remember to disable extras-devel after installing AbiWord!

Go to Application Manager
Tools menu -> Application catalogue
Find Maemo extras-devel
Edit
Check the "disabled" box
Ok
Close

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Broward Co., FL
Thanks for the reminder....will do....

Tags
abiword, office