Active Topics

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Honestly Maemish...
It isn't worth it ...
Concerning ...well...everyrhing.

Firstly...nothing is worth missing 3 weeks of one's life.
You need to chillax .
Forget fancy exotic methods of attaining and maintaining your calm.
Anything that needs a special environment or accessories or the need to go elsewhere...is impractical for your needs.
That is as specific as I will get considering the lack of info concerning what brought you to your 3 week hiatus.

Next ...
It still isn't worth it...
I have the exact same model pixi ..
And I have messed with flashing different ROMs on it...
Firstly it is a cheap phone.
Second ..it had scant community support...
Thirdly ...resulting in the issues you now find yourself impeded by.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Dropped that project and tried the other I found today: Samsung 940x notebook. Thought of installing linux on it 13,3" screen + 3200x1800 + linux doesn't seem to be a good coctail. Can't really see anything cause everything is so small and no easy trick for scaling well on linux. Searched a lot. video="1240x768" was one answer, bigger font another, but really annoyed there is no true working solution for this machine. Anyone else had these problems? Any workarounds?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
3200 x 1800? Why???
3200 x 1800 on a 13" screen? Why???????

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Hmm i am running gnome (budgie) on 2880x1620 and have a setting to either scale the screen 1.5x or 2x?

"Works for me" though some apps, especially Java ones and sadly Gimp are ignoring the scaling and have super tiny menues

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I don't need it to be 3200x1800 but how to reduce resolution and scale it?

Can you tell me the files I need to configure/edit? Like is it /etc/default/grub and then add a video="resolution value here" or do I need to edit xorg.conf or check from there the right code for resolution and if I need to put the right value somewhere where would it be?

The screen monitor setting app gave in Lubuntu only this 3200x1800 and no other setting option. Is there some accessory plugin I can install (I think there was in some forum a mention about that kind but only for gnome desktop)?

Where you put that scale value?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Can you tell me the files I need to configure/edit?
The only thing i can say with confidence is that the scaling is desktop (KDE, Gnome, etc) dependend and handled independently.

I have to correct myself already and just saw my Budgie (gnome based) only offers 2x scaling. 1.5x was "special" on KDE. Both offer it as setting in Display section.

Beyond that it is again about the right search terms. Resolutions above 1920x1080 are dubbed "HighDPI" nowadays for some wicked reason.
So a search for "Lubuntu HighDPI", reveals this tutorial as first result.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Dropped that project and tried the other I found today: Samsung 940x notebook. Thought of installing linux on it 13,3" screen + 3200x1800 + linux doesn't seem to be a good coctail. Can't really see anything cause everything is so small and no easy trick for scaling well on linux. Searched a lot. video="1240x768" was one answer, bigger font another, but really annoyed there is no true working solution for this machine. Anyone else had these problems? Any workarounds?
On Kde there is a High Dpi setting, which helps in cases like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Thanks Mosen for the link. New terminology for me. Mostly playing with less than 100mb ram pcs and this is not a problem with them. But now I noticed Lubuntu doesn't anymore fit to a 8gb sdcard so I have to wait for the next salary (unless I choose a smaller distro).

nstalled minimal bodhi on 8gb sdcard and i had xrandr settings and it gave all possible resolutions and worked like a charm. Nice to find a workinhg solution. If I will buy some day an ssd for this machine I know it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Samsung 940x notebook. Thought of installing linux on it 13,3" screen + 3200x1800 + linux doesn't seem to be a good coctail. Can't really see anything cause everything is so small and no easy trick for scaling well on linux. Searched a lot.
Essentially I'd say you need to change the DPI settings globally.
For such a small screen with such hi res it could be as much as double of the usual 96 I think.
Try this article.

And congrats on finding so much usable hardware. Never seizes to fascinate me, what people throw away. Reminds me to go searching myself, probably good pickings after christmas...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: