Active Topics

so what link do wd use?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by belder View Post
I got the file corrupted message as well. Do I turn off my unit and will it still operate? Or does the download store on the SD card and then install?
If you get "file corrupted", it's because the download didn't complete. When that happens, the updater does not flash anything, so you will not have to worry about your machine being inoperable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Again: it was not my intent to make light of anyone's frustration, Steve. Just picking at your post with no hostility meant. But if you wanna make an ordeal out of a friendly little tease, eh, go for it. Venting helps I know.

And if you'll peel the chip off your shoulder you'll see I acknowledged that this is a real problem requiring a real solution. No Nokia teeshirt on today, gang. I've moved to the Christmas Holiday Can't-Wait-for-a-BREAK wardrobe.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by akd View Post
Jay, at first glance, what other thing you see really new or vastly improved on this final release?...I will wait until the "black friday line" dissappear to get the file..
I'm at work, so I haven't been able to play around with it much yet. I'm in the middle of restoring my apps. I have, however, noticed that a few icons in the menus have changed (for the better). And according to the list of files changed/added, it appears that two new themes have been added, bringing the total up to four. I also noticed two new packages listed, camera-test and microphone-test. I don't know if these are actual programs though as I haven't seen them listed in my menus.. but that could be because I restored from a backup?

More as I find it.

This download is slower than a modem! I haven't seen downloads this slow since before I got DSL!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'll provide a little inside peek. There are typically 3 classes of builds internally:

-RX34
-RX44
-RX34+RX44

There is some file size difference, but I can't provide more detail than that. However, I can say that on some interim builds I easily managed to install an RX44 image onto an RX34 device with zero apparent problems. I have not tested the other way. RX34+RX44 builds install well onto either hardware. Dunno if that sparse revelation is helpful to anyone, but there it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
what do we do with the arm after we download it?

Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
what do we do with the arm after we download it?
If you are on a PC, I provided a link to the updater on the article.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I just don't think rank hyperbole helps the issue.
What makes you think that Nokia biased smug pedantry does?

My download meter shows that the download will never be complete. Doesn’t that generally concur with Tuxedosteve’s statement “no capability whatsoever to meet demand” . From where I am to all intents and purposes Nokia may just as well have no capability whatsoever because the file is not downloading at all. The end result is the same.

Perhaps his phrasing is slightly excessive but we all understand him to mean ‘lacks adequate capability to meet demand’ so we let it be. All, that is, except you.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I did. 2m20s.
I don't believe that at all.