So, Nokia have been working on their own host software platform to allow Internet Tablets and S60 smartphones to communicate with DisplayLink-enabled technology then?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
While there may be some benefit now, it will be mostly when new generation ARM cpus with hdtv res support (cue texrat to deny such a thing exists on roadmap I heard it from GenAntilles!! )
I refuse to deny what's in any CPU spec.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Didn't we already establish you were actually John C. Dvorak?
I don't believe that one. Karel doesn't write one word out of three in bold case, and besides most of what he says makes sense :-)

this is very cool. You can now use your pocket device for nearly everything. You wake up in the morning grab your n810 and check the news. You go outside to your car pop it in the holder and use it as gps with traffic updates. You get to work and set it on your desk and attach a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and use this noBounds to send the display to your work monitor. Then you go home and play quake. Hmm they should make a commercial like that lol.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
didnt i see some kind of intel promo video that tried to intro a concept like that?

Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
this is very cool. You can now use your pocket device for nearly everything. You wake up in the morning grab your n810 and check the news. You go outside to your car pop it in the holder and use it as gps with traffic updates. You get to work and set it on your desk and attach a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and use this noBounds to send the display to your work monitor. Then you go home and play quake. Hmm they should make a commercial like that lol.
then the battery runs out
anybody have any link to some sort of external battery pack? (and not one where i have to mold my own ugly plastic covering)

i want to be able to use the internet for 10 hrs

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
at both the car and the desk one can insert a charger, same action when going to bed.

now, if nokia had allowed it to charge via usb or provided some kind of docking port so that one could have two desk docks (bedside, office) and a car dock things would really be interesting.

hell, the car dock could have come complete with a external controller, like the one found on some third party car stereos.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by BeIng View Post
Sorry, we don't want to bother you with demo-SW . It's also intended to be open sourced, but please be patient for the time it takes.
I was just kidding Textrat

Originally Posted by OppositeOfIgnorance View Post
then the battery runs out
anybody have any link to some sort of external battery pack? (and not one where i have to mold my own ugly plastic covering)

i want to be able to use the internet for 10 hrs
Have you checked out the "Nokia Power Pack DC-1"

http://europe.nokia.com/A4487188

I haven' tried this myself, but might be useful especially for longer trips.

Originally Posted by myrjola View Post
Have you checked out the "Nokia Power Pack DC-1"

http://europe.nokia.com/A4487188

I haven' tried this myself, but might be useful especially for longer trips.
I have one of these. It claims to put out 20W for 4 hours, but it should power a tablet longer than that. There's also a bigger one. A USB charger for the tablet should work better than using the AC charget, but I don't have one.