Active Topics

Notices

that does sound like a great idea.

hey epage. I was browsing around hoping that I would find some source code for the new google voice apps that google themselves made but no luck yet. I did come across another GV app that was made for the G1 cell phone and the author made the source available. here is a like. maybe something the author did you will like or make ur life a little easier. maybe it will be totally useless. either way here ya go.

http://evancharlton.com/projects/gv/

The Following User Says Thank You to mrdally204 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
hey epage. I was browsing around hoping that I would find some source code for the new google voice apps that google themselves made but no luck yet. I did come across another GV app that was made for the G1 cell phone and the author made the source available. here is a like. maybe something the author did you will like or make ur life a little easier. maybe it will be totally useless. either way here ya go.

http://evancharlton.com/projects/gv/
I appreciate your pointing that out.

I've dug through their code a bit and it seems like they are doing the exact same approach. Its still valuable in case they learn something helpful before me

from the way the author is talking, he may abandon the project now that google has an official app for the phone. I'll be on the lookout for some other things and report back. thanks again for all the work u are putting into this, its saving me plenty of money every week

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State, USA

The Following User Says Thank You to gogol For This Useful Post:
Hey Thanks for the good work. i just found DP yesterday after reflashing my n800 with Diablo . It looks like a great tool.

The only problem I have experienced is that not all of my contacts (gv) are showing up from my account.

I have contacts in different groups in my account (Friends, Family Clients etc.) but what show up seams to be a random selection form all of my groups. A few from one group a few more form another, some are resent additions some are much older. there seams to be no rhyme or reason for the ones showing up.

[edit]
d'oh!... I just found the problem.. It is only showing contacts that have phone Numbers!!! .. I feel so dumb

Last edited by sgfx; 2009-08-09 at 23:31.

I have never been able to dial out with v1.0.2. Every time I try to dial a number, a small red circle with a while dash in the middle of it appears and nothing else happens.

Code:
 python2.5 /usr/bin/dialcentral.py
python2.5[2089]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - unknown property `orientation' for class `GtkVBox'
python2.5[2089]: GLIB DEBUG ConIc - con_ic_connection_send_event(0x1e6198,  , WLAN_INFRA, 0)
/usr/lib/dialcentral/gv_backend.py:456: UserWarning: Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/mobile/phones
  page = self._browser.download(self._forwardURL)
/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py:374: UserWarning: Logged into <gv_backend.GVDialer object at 0x433b8e90> through cookies
  loggedIn = self._login_by_cookie()
/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py:445: UserWarning: 
  self._on_dial_clicked(number)
The /usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py:445: UserWarning: self._on_dial_clicked(number part shows when Dial is pressed.

As a note, it looks like google changed its webpage for recent calls and messages (as I was testing before prepping for a new release, good timing). I've got a fix in 1.0.3 which is going to be packaged soon.

Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
The /usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py:445: UserWarning: self._on_dial_clicked(number part shows when Dial is pressed.
*sigh* Usually I give more descriptive errors than an empty string. The lack of descriptive errors is hopefully fixed in 1.0.3 which I'm working on. Hopefully that'll help in figuring out what the real issue is.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
1.0.3 just hit extras-devel
  • Holding down a tab for a second will now force a refresh
  • Fixed a bug dealing with overzealously refreshing the contacts tab
  • Finding some undescriptive errors and made them more descriptive
  • Swapped the order GrandCentral and GoogleVoice appear in login window (or did I do this last release?)
  • Fixed the "Recent" and "Message" tabs, google changed things on me again

Last edited by epage; 2009-08-11 at 02:41. Reason: It is now in extras-devel, reflecting that

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State, USA
!!!!!!!! You R.O.C.K. epage. I was just coming to report that GV changed and borked Dialcentral, and here you've already updated it. Great timing and I'm off to download! Thanks so much for your work, it's much appreciated!