Active Topics

Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by cfrantz View Post
qole,
I un-installed and deleted the large file on external memory, rebooted the IT and still have problems with Wayfinder Map. Dumps me out when I try to find an address.

I did get my menu positioning back though! Small victory I guess, since it wasnt that inconvenient.

Will try to figure out what is happening and get that fixed before I reinstall Debian. Thanks for the help
The menu positioning thing is definitely caused by my package. The wayfinder thing is almost surely not.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by skibur View Post
I get the following:
Code:
~ $ openhostwin.py IceWM
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openhostwin.py", line 4, in <module>
    import hildon
ImportError: No module named hildon
~ $
Arrrgh! I'm such an idiot! That line ("import hildon") doesn't even need to be there! I will have to fix that for my next release, but if you have a text editor installed, you can get root in a terminal and edit /usr/bin/openhostwin.py and remove that "import hildon" line altogether. It will then work fine.

Alternately, you can install python2.5-hildon and it will work.

I'm sorry about that stupid bug.

Originally Posted by possessedskier View Post
When cups asked for the username and password I tried root and my root password. I also tried user with no password. Neither one worked.
I just set up a new test printer using the web interface to Debian CUPS. It asked me for username and password, and I gave it root and my root password. It accepted them. Are you sure you have a root password set up on your system? If you installed SSH then you would have been asked to make one...

Any new questions about CUPS should be posted in the Debian chroot thread.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Arrrgh! I'm such an idiot! That line ("import hildon") doesn't even need to be there! I will have to fix that for my next release, but if you have a text editor installed, you can get root in a terminal and edit /usr/bin/openhostwin.py and remove that "import hildon" line altogether. It will then work fine.

Alternately, you can install python2.5-hildon and it will work.

I'm sorry about that stupid bug.
W00t!!! Nice work qole! I installed python2.5-hildon and restarted my N800 and IceWM works. Respect.

Linux Rulez!

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Hey all, I was reminded that I didn't include OpenOffice Calc.

I left it out because we have maemo gnumeric already, but if you want it,
Code:
apt-get install openoffice.org-calc

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
About OpenOffice, the maemo shortcut lauch it well but the fullscreen one doesn't seem to work...
How does it work? I clicked on it after OO was launched but OO stays windowed.
Also when reduced (and invisible), "Make OO fullscreen" does not make it appear.
Can I start it from xterm to see more messages?

Also there's some weird thing with keyboard in IceWM/n810: Fn keys sometimes don't work and since they work it stays forever!

Last edited by murphy; 2008-07-11 at 14:29.

Ok now I have Debian installed (thanks for the easy install) and working properly, now what, im a linux newb. I know about the open office programs, but where should I go from here? Where do I get the thousands of programs?

I have the same problem as some user here. I installed the deb and the big file and everything went very well, thank you!

After that, I have player with my n810 for 1-2 hours and shut it down. This morning, I boot it and now the dialog don't appear at the center of the screen.

For exemple, the "Selection Connection" for wifi appear at the upper left. The shutdown screen appear at bottom right.

I have not startep anything related to debian this morning before this.

Originally Posted by birneyw View Post
Ok now I have Debian installed (thanks for the easy install) and working properly, now what, im a linux newb. I know about the open office programs, but where should I go from here? Where do I get the thousands of programs?
Just use the Synaptic Package Manager to find more apps.

Originally Posted by djf_jeff View Post
I have the same problem as some user here. I installed the deb and the big file and everything went very well, thank you!

After that, I have player with my n810 for 1-2 hours and shut it down. This morning, I boot it and now the dialog don't appear at the center of the screen.

For exemple, the "Selection Connection" for wifi appear at the upper left. The shutdown screen appear at bottom right.

I have not startep anything related to debian this morning before this.
It's explicated in first post:
I install qwerty12's movable-windows hack for OS2008. You really need it for running Debian programs in OS2008. If you hate that, uninstall my .deb, or copy /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs.orig back to matchbox.defs and everything will be the way it was before.
So it's a mod for moving windows (very cool!) but there are no more centered. Try to drag them!

Last edited by murphy; 2008-07-11 at 12:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to murphy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
Just use the Synaptic Package Manager to find more apps.

ok thought it would be that easy, just had to find it in the menu's doh, its asking for a pword, back to searching the forum.

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, easy debian, obsolete