Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
1. Do you use your Internet Tablet with your phone for Internet access?
Yes, when there's no WiFi available

2. What kind of phone do you have?
HTC T-Mobile MDA Mail. The phone does GPRS and EDGE, but no UMTS

3. Was it easy to get working?
Requires xterm and root access as I need PAN. The phone doesn't support DUN. Once everything is setup on the tablet, it's easy to connect.

4. Who is your service provider?
T-Mobile D

5. How affordable is your data plan?
200MB plus 50 minutes free call time per month for approx 30 EUR.

6. What else should users know about that phone/provider/plan?
T-Mobile's web'n'walk data plans are recommendable for those who want broadband internet access anywhere (EDGE/UMTS).

I am using my LG Version 2 Chocolate phone with the 810. It has been great.. always dials and connects etc. with no problems.

Yes, sometimes
Nokia 6310i (GPRS)
Yes
Saunalahti.fi
4 € 25 Mb / month (GPRS25)
Unlimited data plan would cost 10 € but GPRS is just so slow that I use it in only in back up only. I think I cuold use 3G as well, but I dont facy a 3G phone. My old 6310i is the best!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Warsaw, Poland
Yes - with 2 different phones
Main one is Sony Ericsson k810i. Used mostly for talking and data only when needed. Second is PDA HTC Hermes (vel TyTN).
k810i was very easy: just pair and run thorough the wizard it that's it.
For Hermes it was a bit of pain in the ***: at first I used WiFirouter hack, that provided access to the internet through the LAN - but this eats the battery very fast. Then I decided to use the wizard in Nokia and had to use Bluetooth DUN hack for Windows Mobile 6, as it was stripped of DUN by Microsoft. Finally I decided to hack N810 to be able to use Bluetooth PAN and Internet Sharing function in Hermes. This involved manual script editing and fighting with installing this in the menu system. But from this moment it works flawlessly.
k810i - Polish Era GSM
HTC Hermes - Plus GSM and some times mBank Mobile (virtual operator using Plus GSM network)
Very
Era GSM - I pay around 7€ for 50MB monthly. Over 50MB it's money effective.
Plus GSM - I use prepaid SimData plan: Around 0,09€/1MB counted for each incoming and outgoing 100kb separately. This is my main source of Internet for mobile use.
mBank Mobile - This is prepaid: roughly 3x more expensive than Plus GSM, but I keep it because it gets recharged for each operation on my credit card.
It seems that Internet access is rather cheap in Poland and I have problems with finding effective data plans for prepaid in other countries. In France there is only Orange with 7€ for 10MB per month maximum. In the USA this is totally surprising, that nobody offers anything similar (going there for 2 months and need to be mobile from time to time).

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
1. Yes
2. Sony Ericsson W810
3. Very easy Setup
4. Sunrise Switzerland
5. 50 MB per month for ~5$, then it gets expensive (another option would be 3$ per day for unlimited usage)
6. Good enough for some mailing and minor surfing every now and then. Not enough for daily full use.

1. Yes, when no wifi is available
2. Sprint Treo 700p
3. Extremely
4. Sprint
5. $US39.99/month unlimited data
6. Love the EVDO speeds. Check the Sprint web site for current coverage

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
1. Yes, very often.
2. Nokia E65.
3. Piece of cake.
4. AT&T
5. No idea, it is cheaper than the Blackberries everyone else at work use so the Telecomm people are happy. I have to self-support which is no problem for me.
6. I find the speed of access to be no problem at all. I don't do any video watching though and only do internet radio over wi-fi.

Fred

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Snohomish, WA
1. Now I do since aleksandyr has laid hands upon it (he will be posting this info to his wiki soon on this forum).
2. Samsung Blackjack 2
3. No, but with aleksandyr tweaking Fanoush's script I now have an easy way of using ICS on the BJ2 (no tethering plan...woohoo!). He is planning on implementing this with a UI and toggle method for other smartphone users to use BT PAN with WM smartphones and the N800. No need to use the DUN hack and much smoother implementation with a python script.
4. AT&T
5. Unlimited Media Max 200 ($19.95/month).
6. Media Max is not the official plan for the smartphone, but AT&T seems to let me get away with it so I am not complaining. For smartphone users, wait until aleksandyr updates his wiki and you will be very happy with the results.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
1. Nope,
2. W810 (Quad-Band, EDGE & GPRS but no UMTS)
3. The built in phone wizard of OS2008, had no problem with my provider and phone.
4. Orange UK
5. Not very (I'm not on a contract)

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Florida

Probably daily, varying amounts of time. It really did come in handy a few weeks ago when some thunderstorms were coming through when I was at an auto-x. We looked up the local radar and determined we could restart the event after it passed.

I have a Samsung ZX-20. It uses 3G, which is really the only reason I bought it, to connect with my 770 at the time.

No problems

Cingular/AT&T

An extra $20/month for unlimited mobile internets

SSH works, secure IMAP works, I've never really been restricted as to what sites I can visit. I was visiting a friend in DC who has an 810 at the time (mine hadn't shipped yet), and he was connected to my phone all day, downloading email, using rdesktop, etc without totally killing the battery. I consider that a win.