Notices

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Am I the only one who feels like e2e has just gained a lot priority points?

https://matrix.org/blog/2019/04/11/security-incident/
No, working on it...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Bluepill mentioned in TWIM...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Just took a look at the RPM you posted earlier, some suggestions and remarks:

- Startup of the application (especially the very first one after entering the account details) could do with a loading indicator to show that the application didn't crash. Initial load of Matrix is a sore point in all applications, but as only the Matrix logo was displayed, I wasn't sure whether the application crashed or wasn't doing anything, until after a long time the UI showed up and I was pleasantly surprised. Subsequent startups of the application don't take anywhere near as long but the fact that no real loading indicator is shown is still confusing.
- I wouldn't make a distinction between people and rooms, they're technically the same thing and it gives a false sense of privacy to people who don't know that anyone can be invited into any conversation and, unless a specific encryption method was specified, all those invited can read the previous 'private' messages. It's a Matrix protocol problem more than a client problem, but a problem nonetheless.
- The room name in the text box at the bottom of a conversation doesn't follow the light theme's colours yet (at least I think it should be black). Maybe the text could say "Send a message to {roomname}…"
- The arrows next to Favorites/Persons/Rooms/Low priority on the homescreen don't do anything. I don't think they're necessary unless you want to implement them in a way that they collapse that category (which would be useful on smaller screens). You could also place the 'new room' button there, like Riot Web does.

(- Eventually, it would be fun if you could implement some keyboard shortcuts for often used actions, so TOHKBD and F(x)tec users can show off to their friends.)

Very nice work so far!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Just took a look at the RPM you posted earlier, some suggestions and remarks:

- Startup of the application (especially the very first one after entering the account details) could do with a loading indicator to show that the application didn't crash. Initial load of Matrix is a sore point in all applications, but as only the Matrix logo was displayed, I wasn't sure whether the application crashed or wasn't doing anything, until after a long time the UI showed up and I was pleasantly surprised. Subsequent startups of the application don't take anywhere near as long but the fact that no real loading indicator is shown is still confusing.
- I wouldn't make a distinction between people and rooms, they're technically the same thing and it gives a false sense of privacy to people who don't know that anyone can be invited into any conversation and, unless a specific encryption method was specified, all those invited can read the previous 'private' messages. It's a Matrix protocol problem more than a client problem, but a problem nonetheless.
- The room name in the text box at the bottom of a conversation doesn't follow the light theme's colours yet (at least I think it should be black). Maybe the text could say "Send a message to {roomname}…"
- The arrows next to Favorites/Persons/Rooms/Low priority on the homescreen don't do anything. I don't think they're necessary unless you want to implement them in a way that they collapse that category (which would be useful on smaller screens). You could also place the 'new room' button there, like Riot Web does.

(- Eventually, it would be fun if you could implement some keyboard shortcuts for often used actions, so TOHKBD and F(x)tec users can show off to their friends.)

Very nice work so far!
The startup should show it's status in text at the bottom. No text: crash... and it is not very fast now...

The Matrix spec does make a distinction between people and rooms. And I do too. This is necessary for e2e - there is no group functionality in the spec!

Room name in light theme: Yes I know it. low prio

The arrows will have funcionalities, but they are not implemented yet.

I am thinking about including the emojis library to have better support for this too...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
The startup should show it's status in text at the bottom. No text: crash... and it is not very fast now...

The Matrix spec does make a distinction between people and rooms. And I do too. This is necessary for e2e - there is no group functionality in the spec!
- Oh, you're right, I hadn't noticed because it's so small and it doesn't follow the light theme either. Good to know, thanks! Edit: actually, it does follow the theme, it's a problem with the colours of the light theme itself.

- Maybe we're talking about different things. There are users and there are rooms, but the category of rooms placed under 'People' are still rooms and not, as a user would expect from a category called 'People', 1:1 conversations. They're the same thing as the rooms placed under 'Rooms', the only difference is that upon creation of the room, there are two initial members, both with administrative rights. Other people can still be invited into the room by either/any member, which isn't something anyone would expect from what looks like a private 1:1 conversation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
- Maybe we're talking about different things. There are users and there are rooms, but the category of rooms placed under 'People' are still rooms and not, as a user would expect from a category called 'People', 1:1 conversations. They're the same thing as the rooms placed under 'Rooms', the only difference is that upon creation of the room, there are two initial members, both with administrative rights. Other people can still be invited into the room by either/any member, which isn't something anyone would expect from what looks like a private 1:1 conversation.
Matrix does not know private conversations. They are still rooms. A 1:1 conversation is only defined in the user's account data. The behaviour of bluepill should be like in riot. Rooms which are listed in the m.direct event in account_data is a 1:1 room, every other room is just a room. Non m.direct rooms can have any number of users (also two!). Special priorities of rooms (favorites, low prio, archive) do not differ between m.direct rooms or simple rooms because there is no m.direct relationship to m.tags event which can be m.favourite, m.lowpriority...

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Yes, this is the gist, but I haven't gotten it to work yet
https://gitlab.com/r0kk3rz/bluepill/....gitlab-ci.yml
Ok just beginning this:

https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/bluepill/b....gitlab-ci.yml

Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Ok just beginning this:

https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/bluepill/b....gitlab-ci.yml
Now I am able to compile the whole thing in gitlab (for i486 and arm). Is there any api to deploy a rpm directly into openrepos? Because then I would be able to do the complete ci/cd from gitlab...

https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/bluepill/pipelines/69465501

Of course: Actually I am at "does not work in any way"-state with nio but I'd like to just tag a commit and the runner should just test, compile and deploy the stuff then...

Thanks for this application
The first test is nice.
Do you will publish the current build ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaulian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaulian View Post
Thanks for this application
The first test is nice.
Do you will publish the current build ?
The current build in the nio branch does not work. You will be unhappy with it. I just showed my ci/cd stuff for others so that they can use it for their own projects. I now need to recode the whole client for matrix-nio. Stand by...

Last edited by cy8aer; 2019-07-05 at 11:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: