Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I am not positive yet, but it seems that they cancelled my order. Here is the latest:

Amazing!
dude are you serious? Your order is gone??

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
dude are you serious? Your order is gone??
Recent Order Status:
No recent orders to display
So sad its funny.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Recent Order Status:
No recent orders to display
So sad its funny.
I thought the same thing at first. it just that the orders only show out to 45 days. Change the search to look back to 90 days and you will find your order again.

The Following User Says Thank You to argoldst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by argoldst View Post
I thought the same thing at first. it just that the orders only show out to 45 days. Change the search to look back to 90 days and you will find your order again.
Ahhhh, you are right. Thanks for that, although I was kind of having fun thinking about the scandal ...

On the other hand, My UPS Tracking is not showing me any activity. I used the method indicated on this post to find my UPS tracking number:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1165

And it worked, but the status is stuck at: "Billing Information Received". When hovering the mouse on top of that link it says the following:

Billing information Received
UPS has received the electronic transmission of shipment detail from the shipper. Once UPS has possession of this shipment, the tracking status will be updated.

What should I do?
No action is required at this time. This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. Check for shipment updates periodically. If you don't see your shipment status change, you may choose to contact the sender to confirm that the shipment has been given to UPS.
Since I hear that some of you have started to actually get the device, I wonder why they are holding off from sending mine. Is any one else from the 11/5ers tracking their orders from UPS?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
@rm42

11/6'er here but it shipped 12/18 (late update) from Dallas, TX to Ohio, out for delivery today. Depending on where you are at, it might not update until it reaches a hub near you. However, it should show activity when leaving the hub it is shipping from.

Do you think they may have held it up based on the emails you got? We ship UPS every day, I can check the status of a number (for a package we're shipping today) before it actually gets picked up, but I think it will say basically what you're getting.

i have a tracking number and it will be delivered today.

Originally Posted by argoldst View Post
i have a tracking number and it will be delivered today.
I sure hope you do get it today. When you say that it is due for delivery today, is that from looking at the UPS tracking site or is it from looking at Dell's site?

Got it from dell today. Have been playing with it the past few hours.

I honestly was concerned i might not like it after hearing so many negative things about the phone but right now i'm loving it. The keyboard isn't the best and getting used to maemo will take some time (not as easy to transfer files and etc from windows) but still grining ear to ear.

I finally see activity in the UPS Tracking page. Looks like I'll be getting it today. Looks like it is coming from Chelmsford, Massachusetts. What an ordeal. If it wasn't because I really want to get back into Python GUI programming I would have forgotten about this device a long time ago. Well, I hope the wait has been worthwhile and that the device works well. I dread having to send it back and be on another black hole. But, I suspect the worst is over. Any way, hope every one gets their devices soon.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Congrats rm.

Mine's sitting under the Christmas tree right now. Less than 24 hours to go.

I guess from one standpoint, this worked out better, as it would have been excruciating knowing it was in the house and not being able to use it for a week or two. Particularly as my plan was to check it out to make sure it was working well in case I had to replace it.

*EDIT* I don't know if your complaint / article had anything to do with us getting them shortly thereafter, but I'll pretend it did Thanks.

Tags
bbb, best practice, complaint, consumer advocacy, delay, dell, n900, order, order numbers, shipments