Active Topics

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
[...] If you rename /usr/bin/su and /bin/su to something else, it's happy. I realise this sounds like a "bad idea" [...]
Yes, it REALLY sounds like a bad idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
I have installed some android applications on My jolla and I have problems with:
- Youtube - can't sign in, otherwise running flawlessly

- aCalendar - can't sign in, useless without signing in

- TeamViewer for android running perfect but NO ICON on main screen. I can run it only over last apps on android window or over aptoide: OPEN
please help
You need to install google play service to sign in
About teamviewer:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...sh-app-drawer/

I wrote a solution on it untill they fix this bug. And please vote for this bug fix

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Why Android support from jolla store is very long to install?

Is there a rpm to install?

Where can i find it?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Alien dalvik is propriatary package meant for Jolla devices only. There is no public rpm available as its in protected repository.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

When I played Temple Run 2 the tactil (touchscreen) is not very good why? comparing to android native phone.

when i try to move to the left or right i need to push hard comparing to native android phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I'm starting to suspect that Jolla does no quality control for Android apps in the Jolla store.

-YLE Areena had about 1/3rd of functionality working when it was added to the the store, its decent now.

-Bussit Reittiopas asks me to install Google Play, which is technicly possible, and not hard for me, but a total techno-nightmare for any 'normal' people.

-The quite freaky Stalag Luft III 1942-1945 game seems to have some kind of sound bug, or at least its sonicly raping my ears (unless its aiming for 8-bit-era sound, except that I'm 37 and game sound were never that horrible, when I got my first computer 31 years ago).

I've noticed quite a bit of, for lack of better word, 'elitism' relating to Android support on TMO. As if its a dirty thing. I don't agree with that. I'm personally quite agnostic in relation to Android support, but I would like Jolla to at least check that the Android software added to their own store at least works as intended. They didn't bother to check if Yandex worked, they don't seem to care if Android software works in their own store and its all leaving rather sour taste in my mouth.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-01-10 at 19:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone tried install Final Fantasy IV?
i got the game data and put in /sdcard/Android/obb/, but it seem need bypass google play, anyone success?

My tests show that Winamp works with Jolla. I did found version 1.4.4 for Winamp Pro and it works very good with Jolla. Previous versions had stuttering behavior, bit this one rocks! Winamp has also "play from directory" option, so you dont need playlist files. Winamp cant find sd card, so that is negative for now.

Google tells where you can find the apk-file.

Last edited by Corsten; 2014-01-16 at 20:34.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
You aren't spreading warez here, are you?

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
You aren't spreading warez here, are you?
Is it possible to get winamp pro for Jolla with payment? Can i buy it to Jolla?

Tags
aindroid, essential apps