Active Topics

sr00t, did you figure out what was causing freezing?
I tried the latest maxcpu and for me the issue is still present. If I remove maxcpu widget and reboot the phone, problem disappears.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Try to find the main thread where maxcpu is discussed using Power Search. Read the thread and report the problem there.

geneven, people already reported about this issue to maxcpu developer, but he claims that it's not connected with maxcpu. So, I would like to hear sr00t what are his findings, after that I will make post also in maxcpu thread.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-05-01 at 15:30.

it looks like to be the problem with Custom Desktop Command Execution Widget.

For me this is by far the best candidate for this problem.

I had allot of hang ups when launching wrong codes from this widget, and my guess is every now and then it crashes and makes the whole hildon home lock up.

Kill all hildon home is not a very good solution, because 90% of all the widgets get removed..

Also i mentioned that removed widgets of the command execution widgets are still being saved. and after adding a new one it still puts the old removed one back on its place. this can be one of the problems wich causes these crashes. Maybe old removed widgets still get loaded from time to time causing it

sygys, maybe you are right. I have installed Desktop Command Execution Widget, but I don't have its widgets on my desktops. I had one 2-3 month ago, but I removed it because I replaced it with Queen BeeCon widget.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-05-02 at 16:17.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
sygys, maybe you are right. I have installed Desktop Command Execution Widget, but I don't have any widgets on my desktops. I had one 2-3 month ago, but I removed it because I replaced it with Queen BeeCon widget.
kolos, I still have the problem. Last time was this morning.
I'll tell you what happened because it's curious: I have an alarm set to wake me up everyday. Well, if I put the alarm to snooze while in Silence profile, the second time I snooze it (yeah, I take a while to get outta bed ), this bug appears. I'm not able to stop the alarm, and I'm not able to click in any shortcut.
This bug replicates if I take out the USB charger while the alarm sounds.
Also, I have updated to last maxcpu and it'll not let me OC at all. Not even with qcpufreq. Frequencies selection is stuck @ 600mhz.

I'll deactivate Desktop Command Execution so I can see if that's the problem.

This problem is getting REALLY irritating. I don't like rebooting my cellphone everyday.

sr00t, to exclude what is causing the issue I'm proposing to keep maxcpu widget on desktop, despite you can't OC, аnd uninstall DCE widget for a few days.

sr00t, to exclude what is causing the issue I'm proposing to keep maxcpu widget on desktop, despite you can't OC, аnd uninstall DCE widget for a few days.
I just did that. I'll report you in this thread.

Right now I considering to update my phone to pali's kernel v47. Maybe then I could also remove (and purge) DCEW and place maxcpu widget to the desktop to see what will happen.

Right now I considering to update my phone to pali's kernel v47. Maybe then I could also remove (and purge) DCEW and place maxcpu widget to the desktop to see what will happen.
Hello kolos, I've updated to pali's power kernel v47 too so I'll test if this bug replicates with this kernel version.