Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
... please do not post here, until it's available. Whenever i see this "N810 availability in Europe" in "New Posts" ... well you know the feeling ...

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
I had the exact same feeling cos of your post - lol.

Oh, looks like I've done it again.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Well, how about this for you....

Just bought mine today from Micro Anvika (the first one you come to from the tube station; there's actually three) on Tottenham Court Road in London

Here it is on their website (I saw it said "In stock", phoned up to confirm and got the second-to-last one they had just before they closed at 7pm)
http://www.microanvika.com/product.asp?PNO=NOK15002

However (), due to a misprint in their in-store paper catalogue I got it for £299.99 (just fifty quid more than the N800; I figured a tenner more than play.com was worth not having to wait 'til Dec. 5th )

Oh and a few posts back, there was some speculation about the keyboard? perhaps this will help

One entry on the Nokia sticker on the outside of the box (the sort with all the various bar codes/IMEI number in the case of phones etc) reads "UK Package" (or very similar - I left the box at my mum's earlier tonight) and looking at the keyboard - it has function-key shifted symbols (in blue in the top right of the key) for Yen, USD, euros and the uk pound sign. Seems to me (based only on that mind you...) it's one-keyboard fits all?

Couldn't see any country-specific references in the "About product" screen in control panel, but I haven't played with the thing much yet so could have missed something; otherwise looks like they might well all have identical hardware and software wherever you buy them (oh, except of course the charger!).

I'll probably be posting in the first impressions thread at some point, but happy to answer any questions here if anyone wants to know anything about the UK one?

Dan.

Last edited by dsmudger; 2007-11-25 at 01:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsmudger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Paderborn / Germany
This is great news! Even if it is not availible in Germany, shipping from the UK is bettern than shipping from the US. (I case it is not availible in Germany before Christmas!)

Unfortunately I do not remember the on-screen-keyboard of my former N800, but were there umlauts on it?
Are there umlauts on the slide-keyboard?

Ah, hang on a second - looking for the onscreen keyboard (which I haven't figured out how to open yet/haven't even seen it!), I found the "Text input" menu in control panel.

By default, mine was set to "English, Nederlands"

The other options in the drop-down are...

Dansk, Norsk, Suomi, Svenska
Espanol, Francais (Canada), Portugues
Francais (France)
Italiano
Ruski

(the last one's in cyrillic and Francais/Portugues/Espanol all have the relevant diacriticals)

Right - after digging around a bit - seems you have to turn on 'pen input methods' to get the 770-style on-screen keyboard. It's got umlauts in the 'accents a-m'/'accents n-z' menus, none on the blue function-key keys on the hardware keyboard though...

On a side note, unfortunately I think I'll be taking it back today There's something clearly rattling around inside when the keyboard's open!!! (this isn't normal is it?? )

The Following User Says Thank You to dsmudger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by dsmudger View Post
Just bought mine today from Micro Anvika (the first one you come to from the tube station; there's actually three) on Tottenham Court Road in London

Here it is on their website (I saw it said "In stock", phoned up to confirm and got the second-to-last one they had just before they closed at 7pm)
Did you happen to ask when they got the stock?

The Following User Says Thank You to aflegg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dsmudger View Post
On a side note, unfortunately I think I'll be taking it back today There's something clearly rattling around inside when the keyboard's open!!! (this isn't normal is it?? )
My Nokia N810 rattles also. I believe there are 2 rattles actually. One seems to be the battery - both left and right toward the speakers and up and down against the battery cover.

Even with the battery shimmed, there is an additional softer rattle that I cannot isolate.

Rattles do not get better/worse when keyboard is opened.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajax1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
Did you happen to ask when they got the stock?
yeah actually, they'd got them in the previous day (now the day-before-yesterday) - seems we all missed this one/wast total random luck I decided to try the MA website well before I thought they'd be out :\

Went back today to exchange the rattling unit, and there's at least one or two left between the three branches on Tott. Ct. Rd.

Be aware though - I overheard the sales guy demoing one to someone in front of me - they'll try to sell it to you for £330 unless you specifically point out the lower price in the catalogue like I did - lucky for me yesterday they kept me waiting for ages, so much so I got bored and started flicking through the catalogue

Originally Posted by ajax1 View Post
My Nokia N810 rattles also. I believe there are 2 rattles actually. One seems to be the battery - both left and right toward the speakers and up and down against the battery cover.

Even with the battery shimmed, there is an additional softer rattle that I cannot isolate.

Rattles do not get better/worse when keyboard is opened.
Hmm.. well my new one is much better (I do know what you mean about the battery though - but the one I just exchanged sounded much more like a loose screw inside (in addition to the battery/back cover rattle)- anyway; all-good now )

Last edited by dsmudger; 2007-11-25 at 21:40.