Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Are The maemo.org repositories down? I am getting an [401 Unauthorized IP] error.
From what i got on searching the forum and bugzilla, this generally happens when either the servers are down or the repositories are being moved to different servers. I am attaching the logs that I captured while refreshing my repositories. The one captured at 1800 hours is the one I tried fetching over the 3G network and the other at 2047 hours is the one I tried fetching over the wifi network. This clearly rules out the issue of my ISP blocking the server pings.
Attached Files
File Type: txt update_log_260411_1800.txt (5.0 KB, 168 views)
File Type: txt update_log_260411_2047.txt (4.6 KB, 128 views)

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
I think its working...i just downloaded the WebOS manager....

did u try to update your repositories again? try to do it through the x-term. extras testing, extras devel and community testing are not refreshing.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I've updated several things today with no problems.

I used xterm. I always do apt-get update first.

Last edited by geneven; 2011-04-26 at 16:05.

I am not sure what the issue is in that case. I have been trying to update since the evening. Was working fine until last night!

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I am not sure what the issue is in that case. I have been trying to update since the evening. Was working fine until last night!
It is possible that the mirror you're trying to reach is down (that happens to me frequently these days)

1) open an x-term
2) get root privileges (type "root" on the command prompt)
3) run the following command: echo "63.84.95.11 repository.maemo.org" >> /etc/hosts

Make sure you put 2 ">" signs or you'll get into troubles...

If you want to check first if that's the issue, try "ping repository.maemo.org" as root in an x-term session.

The Following User Says Thank You to jprobichaud For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Just to make sure, I reran apt-get update at 9:07 california time with no sign of problems.

I think the problem has to do with your setup. I have no idea what, however. Make sure you are not accidentally using the wrong router -- I caught myself doing that a few hours ago.

Originally Posted by jprobichaud View Post
It is possible that the mirror you're trying to reach is down (that happens to me frequently these days)

1) open an x-term
2) get root privileges (type "root" on the command prompt)
3) run the following command: echo "63.84.95.11 repository.maemo.org" >> /etc/hosts

Make sure you put 2 ">" signs or you'll get into troubles...

If you want to check first if that's the issue, try "ping repository.maemo.org" as root in an x-term session.
the ping failed! got an error "ping: bad address 'repository.maemo.org'"

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Just to make sure, I reran apt-get update at 9:07 california time with no sign of problems.

I think the problem has to do with your setup. I have no idea what, however. Make sure you are not accidentally using the wrong router -- I caught myself doing that a few hours ago.
i have been using the same router for months now! never had any issues. the issues have started only today. no setups have changed as far as i remember.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
same problem here, getting this problem since yesterday, like 14hrs ago. Every time i try apt-get update, apt-get -f update ...
who can check that issue!!

Tags
n900=crap