Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Screenshots yet? Awesome work guys... congrats.

Great work guys! Keep the juices flowing

Some people might think that Japan is a tech wonderland but i can't seem to find micro sd higher then class 4 anywhere.
I hope someone publieshes an eMMC install method for those of us who are keen on destroying data.

Thanks!

offtopic:
Carsten said that QML is easy. How easy would it be for one with some php and sql knowledge and where does one get started?

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Saint-Petersburg, Russia
class four sd suitable too.
Good work guys. Also meego UX SW stack (dialer, contacts, etc ) mostly unusual & weird ( so i m not say bad, no ) Its giant field for development & developers

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Great work guys! Keep the juices flowing

offtopic:
Carsten said that QML is easy. How easy would it be for one with some php and sql knowledge and where does one get started?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QML with direct links to relevant tutorials. Have fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to e-dawg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Do not really want to be a free of cost tester for MeeGo, ultimately it is a commercial product from which Intel and may Nokia are going to most benficial, needless to say if the product comes out to be good for n900 then we will be as well but then again its still a commercial but open source.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Out of topic, but I am curious. Now the Meego N900 sgx driver is fully in place, is it possible to use it on Maemo 5?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=785306

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
So what?
Nobody is forcing you to test it

Its just an Option one can use.

Some Screenshots of this Version by Maemo.org-Users would be nice.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Out of topic, but I am curious. Now the Meego N900 sgx driver is fully in place, is it possible to use it on Maemo 5?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=785306
No, it isn't possible, we've discussed it and it's not feasible as it requires a -lot- of work.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Played a little with the latest daily from 20.04.
Now there is a graphical theme, toolbar, software volume control, some power management etc. And the info bar is showing the cell operator name. Unfortunately some apps do not start and the virtual keyboard opens only for a moment. Did not find a way to change the hardware kb layout. Also the camera lens is "looking" off to the left side.

Sanity test shows 16 passed and 20 failed+n/a tests.

Estonian localisation is missing. Is it enough if I just ask for it or should I contribute in that area? If yes, I'd like to get some guidelines...

I was able to install Marble, but it started partially out of the screen...

Overall - I liked it And waiting the time it can be used in everyday situation. Keep up good work and wish success in development

Last edited by acrux; 2011-04-21 at 09:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Played a little with the latest daily from 20.04.
Grab the one we mark as 'alpha release', 20.04 is known to be broken severely
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: