Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
Finally my n800 is dying, the touch screen is not responding, previously only a small part but now recognized not just a few points seem to work.

Before I dreamed of upgrading to n900 but only in the ebay I can get in my country, at prices that are not easily accessible at least for me.

has been an incredible journey, enjoy the latest opera updates, incredible efforts to keep operating MyTube, transmission, Piding, etc, etc.

Now I'm with my laptop instead of enjoying the comfort of my tablet, and for a while looking for his replacement, but difficult, to think that perhaps no more maemo or meego in the future.

Anyway, those who love their n800 maybe understand in my poor english

When my N800 goes bad I will buy a used one on eBay to replace it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
What is the best paint program?

I know that there is GIMP but Easy Debian has me all confused.

I think there was talk of something else but I'm not having any luck finding it.

Last question.

Does anyone have the debs or whatever for pidgin-n800-led-plugin?

I think Qwerty's site is dead but I would still like to somehow install this.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Addison View Post

I think there was talk of something else but I'm not having any luck finding it.
I think MyPaint is the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I don't have the .deb but here is the compiled .so plugin file.

Just put it in /home/user/.purple/plugins/pidgin-n800-led-plugin.so
Then Pidgin>Tools>Plugins>[x] N800 LED plugin>Configure Plugin
I'm not sure if you need any other files.

I've been having major file hosting problems so I'm just going to attach the file, sorry. Just download the .zip and extract the file.

P.S. Addison, yes I have been extremely overwhelmed as of late. I also did a reinstall of Fedora and forgot to add my gtalk account to pidgin. Sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pidgin-n800-led.zip (14.5 KB, 112 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
LOL -- GIMP confuses me even without Easy Debian.

I can't speak for "best", but my kids really enjoy TuxPaint (or "neh-neh-neh" as my two-year old calls it; you'll understand if you run it with sound on). I'm using version 0.9.15b-1, which I believe is in Extras-Devel. If I recall correctly, the one in Extras is buggy (ironically). I don't have stamps, alas.

BTW, I just tried MyPaint for the first time (I had to get it the deb from the author's website -- I couldn't find it on Maemo downloads), and it seems like it is not sensitive enough. I have a screen protector on my N810, and I was trying to draw & it wasn't displaying anything. Finally, I pressed harder & it displayed what I drew. It seemed like I had to press too hard. It seemed slow, also.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Hey buurmas!

Yeah, in MyPaint, if you go to Dialogs and then Settings you can change the brush sensitivity.

It's actually quite the cool little app, and despite not having any functional or creative talent, I've made some nice abstract paintings while watching TV or being bored.

Also, if there's any chance you find a way to symlink this .deb
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=27
so that we can run most of it off of our memory card, would you mind posting your solution?

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
My main use for the N800 is Skype when I'm travelling. I've been tempted by some of the low-cost android tablets on the market, but it appears that there is a bug that prevents Skype from working on them. (The Skype forum is full of these complaints.) So until this problem is fixed, my N800 fills the bill as my 'phone' on the road.

Yeah, in MyPaint, if you go to Dialogs and then Settings you can change the brush sensitivity.
Man, I am having all sorts of trouble with this. I am using version 0.5.0-1~hildon7, obtained from here after reading this thread. I can see from the thread that others have had similar problems. I'm using a fingernail and something that is supposed to resemble a stylus (I lost mine) and getting nothing. I have a screen protector. I'll dig a bit.

Try going to Dialog -> Brush settings.

I also remember having some issues at first but it's definitely worth it after finding the correct settings that will work on your tablet.

Also, pick up some Nintendo DS stylii with that have a clear plastic end, not like the hard ones that first came out for the system.

They work better than the one given with the N800.

Last edited by Addison; 2011-04-26 at 23:00.