Notices

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I would hold off until MohammaAG releases his replacement for the stock music player.

Nice easy GUI and plenty of usability
where can I see a preview of MAG's player?

The Following User Says Thank You to nology For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
@nology
i have just seen this preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rta-B...ature=youtu.be

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have tried downloading Enna, nut the application manager informs me that i cannot install it due to a package conflict with libeina0.
Does anyone know how to install Enna, and work around this conflict?

Last edited by XiliX; 2011-04-12 at 12:21.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
@nology
wonder if it will be available to non-CSSU users :?
I'm not really ready to start using the CSSU yet...

stock music player is very capable, i love the quick search function. I dont understand why people are so obsessed abt playlists here. I always wanted my cds as digital music and being able to scan and play albums i wanted. Plenty of threads explaining how metadata is kept in n900 and how u should embed album art. It works like a charm

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I must be getting old, because I've always thought that albums were created to have tracks listened to in a particular order. Can you imagine listening to Pink Floyd in random order?
Guess we have very very different ideas of what an mp3 player should do. I hardly even listen to albums. I create playlists and listen to a playlist for my mood. May be several albums of one artist or may be favourite songs from different artists. Or I could listen to all tracks from one genre. Is really annoying listening on N900 and playing a playlist of let's say 50 songs and I get to number 10 and go to do something else. If I switch on the next day and start listening I have to hear the same 10 songs that played previously. Well and truly totally annoying. Apart from that I want the next song to be a suprise. Thanks to the N900 media player I am almost sent back to the stone ages of radio cassettes.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, if only I was a programmer... I'd port guayadeque to the N900. For me it has proven to be the best player on desktop (Linux) and I wished, there would be something similar (with that smart play function) and touch-friendly for maemo... one can at least dream of it

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
@nology
I dont get WHY they rewrtiten an mediaplayer just to make it opensource. Why not invest this coding in a new player instead with improved stuff in QtQuick instead of an halfdead library like gtk/hildon? That could be easyier to port to meego in the future too.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I dont get WHY they rewrtiten an mediaplayer just to make it opensource. Why not invest this coding in a new player instead with improved stuff in QtQuick instead of an halfdead library like gtk/hildon?
The Open Media Player uses Qt, not GTK. I guess the reason for not using QtQuick is that it is still in its relative infancy. It is not yet ready for use in a application that is designed to replace the stock media player. The lack of ready-made components is probably another factor. I expect that the team wanted to develop the UI as quickly as possible, making use of their familiarity with Qt Widgets.

But hey, I could be completely wrong.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-12 at 20:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Found my problem. Disabeling extras-devel repositories made the problem go away.