Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Los Angeles
Hello good folks of the maemo community, I've been using my partner in crime N900 for a little more than a year but long story short I replaced the housing for the 2nd time and all goes well until I noticed a chip inscribed "ML" came off. Now I can't seem to find anything wrong with the mainboard but the phone won't boot. Any info would help thanks.

um, you have totally busted it.

IF the chip is undamaged AND the solder pads on the board are undamaged then you MAY be able to solder it back on. Otherwise I am sorry to say it is dead ( but not impossible to fix).

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the quick reply, the chip is extremely too small for me to solder I can barely make out the soldering pads

Can you identify it on the schematics?

Took it apart again couldn't find anything, put it back together now it works. I know that piece wasn't from the housing but I couldn't find it on the board or the schematics you posted up

Originally Posted by dwolf View Post
Took it apart again couldn't find anything, put it back together now it works. I know that piece wasn't from the housing but I couldn't find it on the board or the schematics you posted up
Thats just strange!

You might run into an error randomnly if the N900 tries to use the unknown chip :P

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Funny thing is I'm not the original owner of the phone and know nothing about where it's been other than previous owner

It might be that the previous owner had a messy desk when opened the phone and the chip got inside.

I'll try to post up a picture later if I can get some good focus on it

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
Sounds like my car, since it drops random parts everywhere but still works after trying to figure out witch part goes where
89' Opel Kadett ftw

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KetkuFIN For This Useful Post: