Closed Thread
The faster app scrolling its not working. How can I do to activate?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester UK
Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
The faster app scrolling its not working. How can I do to activate?
Download version 0.5.1 of the CSSU Transitions Tuner from extras-devel. App menu scroll speed is selectable in there.

i am not able to update to the latest version of CSSU, 20.2010.36-2maemo14.. it says that i need to use Nokia PC Suite for this purpose. another thing, it shows a conflict with libqt4-test (4.7.0-git-20100909-0maemo1+0m5)

can someone help me out?

Now it worked and I updated my system , thank you guys . Great job , great community .

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
[...]
Reversed press effect.
What does that mean? I thought that the code that animated the desktop when pressed was taken out (reverted), but I'm running 14.1 and it seems to be working.

(edit) It is no longer being held down by touch, just pops back on its own, like previous versions, that must be it.

Originally Posted by gjoe View Post
i am not able to update to the latest version of CSSU, 20.2010.36-2maemo14.. it says that i need to use Nokia PC Suite for this purpose. another thing, it shows a conflict with libqt4-test (4.7.0-git-20100909-0maemo1+0m5)

can someone help me out?
Both your questions have been answered in the thread in the last few pages. Uninstall libqt4-test and use the CLI or FAM to upgrade. (apt-get is best, see above)

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2011-04-11 at 22:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gjoe View Post

can someone help me out?
Close HAM and open X-Term

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Close HAM and open X-Term

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
Yeah, maybe not. How about telling the user to disable the -Devel/-Testing first before running that and leaving only the stable repositories and CSSU on? If you want the user to come here whining, that he's broken his N900 then sure, go ahead and tell him to do that.

I'm just saying this, since it pisses me off that everyone thinks this solves the problems. It doesn't, and as mentioned before, it can cause more problems if wrong repositories are enabled.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Yeah, maybe not. How about telling the user to disable the -Devel/-Testing first before running that and leaving only the stable repositories and CSSU on? If you want the user to come here whining, that he's broken his N900 then sure, go ahead and tell him to do that.

I'm just saying this, since it pisses me off that everyone thinks this solves the problems. It doesn't, and as mentioned before, it can cause more problems if wrong repositories are enabled.
If he has already enabled them repositories AND is using the CSSU then he should know the risks.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rantom View Post

FYI, i always disable the -Devel/-Testing repo and leave only the stable repo and CSSU on...

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Okay... did it on the fly with my dear N900; uploaded version .15 of CSSU Transitions tuner which should fix the scrolling issue. Update should be available in 20 mins or so.

Usage: set desired scrolling speed (larger value gives "longer" scroll), save and reboot the device (or killall hildon-desktop).
i have just installed this version..yet when changing the value of the app menu scroll speed and saving the settings, the value is reset back to zero
any workaround ?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade