Hi guys

Happened to install ip cameras at my farm. The server address works well over IE as well as open souce browsers like Mozilla. I did notice that upon opening the server address there seems to be a javascript plugin that needs to be installed to view the cameras. Having tried it on the n900 browser its a no go. Any suggestions would mean a lot. Thanks a ton

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I have captured the URL of the video stream of my IP camera and now I'm using KMPlayer to view it on my phone

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
You could try your own very simple java applet rather than the cameras own java page.

Such as

<applet code="video_java.class"
codebase="http://xx.xx.xx.xx"
name="testApplet"
width="320" height="240">
<param name="PORT" value="xxx">
<param name="MODE" value="0">
</applet>

Replace xx's

The Following User Says Thank You to Duffer For This Useful Post:
you could install easy debian and view your feed using ice weasel (i.e. firefox) - I also need to check security cameras that use a java interface, easy debian does the job (though you really need the stylus to control the UI if you want to do footery stuff like change cameras, search & playback archived video etc.

If you aren't familiar with it, search the forums for the easy debian thread - you install it onto micro SD.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

You need to tell us the make and model of the camera - some cheaper ones work only with active-x. Ugh. Vomit on them and send them back if so

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Try using the latest Firefox (v. 4.0).

We have a security camera w/software at work from Bluecherry ( bluecherrydvr.com ) which has 2 simultaneous streams: to a software client, and to an mjpeg web interface.

I can on the N900 start OpenVPN to get into the network at work, then start Firefox, go to the web address of the mjpeg stream, and watch the camera stream on the N900.

Firefox 4.0 is displaying the camera perfectly, but the N900's default browser MicroB just flashes frames alternated with white. It is likely something different in the way they handle mjpeg.