Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
st5150:

Well, I think it would be neat if Mephemeris could do the 'satellite track plotting' that you are looking for, and perhaps it will some day. Currently, it was primarily designed to show the sky from the perspective of a local observer -- not for the entire globe. However, I will consider your suggestion!

On the other hand, now that you got InstantTrack working, maybe you are OK?

TA-t3 - Thanks for the tip, I was considering Pocketsat+. Can GVM apps connect to the internet through the N8xx? I had to write a simple script to grab the keps for InstantTrack.

darethehair- Thanks for hearing me out, I understand your program is targeted towards a different audience. InstantTrack works fine, except DOSBOX often goes 'crazy' when you use the Fn key: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=308 Thanks for chiming in and contributing to the maemo community.

GVM apps. can reach the Internet.
With PocketSat+ though I prepare the data outside of it, just as I did in the past on my desktop computer - I download TLE with a script, a Perl script then translates it into a memo .pdb file, which I install in GVM (previously I would install it on my Palm via bluetooth).

Thanks for the info. It seems the system to download GVM is broken, no email with a download link comes. Can someone upload the deb for me somewhere?

st5150: This posting: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...7&postcount=26

Thanks! So I'm up and running, but still can't figure out how to get my keps which are now in .pdb format over to Garnet VM. When I try to use install, the .pdb file is greyed out.

Edit, I guess the txt to pdb program I used has issues, but I found many sites already have the keps in pdb format http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/amsat.pdb

Last edited by st5150; 2008-11-29 at 04:05.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by rvsjimbo View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has used the N800 for satellite tracking. Last I heard Java runtime 6 was still not running on the N800, is this still the case (I'm waiting for a replacement N800 at the mo)? If JRE 6 was running, I could use Satscape for Java (www.satscape.co.uk).

Regards,

Paul
~~~~
Petittrack source is still available I just do not have the disk space to install scratchbox to compile it. It was built for the Zaurus 5500 with QTopia so I dont think the N900 and meamo 5 would be a problem for someone who has scratchbox working. http://www.qsl.net/n1vtn/petittrack.html

Trying to build this under Maemo 4 Diablo. Any one know where to find the following missing goods?

~/petittrack_1.2.0] > make
arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -DQT_QWS_EBX -DQT_QWS_CUSTOM -DQWS -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wall -W -O2 -DNO_DEBUG -I/include -I/include -o main.o main.cpp
In file included from main.cpp:18:
petittrack.h:18:22: qvariant.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:19:21: qwidget.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:20:20: qlabel.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:21:25: qpushbutton.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:22:21: qlayout.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:24:22: qtooltip.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:25:24: qwhatsthis.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:26:24: qtabwidget.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:27:23: qlistview.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:28:23: qlineedit.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:30:28: qmultilineedit.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:31:26: qbuttongroup.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:32:21: qpixmap.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:33:25: qmessagebox.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:34:22: qspinbox.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:35:26: qradiobutton.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:37:21: qheader.h: No such file or directory
petittrack.h:38:24: qpe/config.h: No such file or directory

Or am I going about this the wrong way? Not familiar with QT. Should I be using qt3 or qt4? Is Maemo 4 okay, or does only Maemo 5 have the proper qt support?

Pocketsat works fine, but updating the keps is a real hassle under garnet. With petittrack, one could easily script wget to nab latest keps before starting.

Last edited by st5150; 2011-04-11 at 11:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Or am I going about this the wrong way? Not familiar with QT. Should I be using qt3 or qt4? Is Maemo 4 okay, or does only Maemo 5 have the proper qt support?

Pocketsat works fine, but updating the keps is a real hassle under garnet. With petittrack, one could easily script wget to nab latest keps before starting petittrack.
Not sure but this might use something called QPE which I believe was used on the open Zaurus apps quite a bit I had thought it to be full QT or QT compatable. The shell script wget is brilliant, dont know why I never did that, just a FYI every sat that you put into your TLE file will be displayed AFIK so be sure to only grep out what you want. I am currently using gpredict in Debian to do satellite tracking but petittrack is far better for a handheld.

Last edited by biketool; 2011-04-11 at 10:24.

Yeah, it won't be hard to make the same script regex through the TLE file and slice out only the elements you want. I'll post my script if I ever get petittrack running on Maemo 4 / Diablo.

When I have time, I'll look into getting QTopia in my scratchbox. Others seem to have gotten it to work http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...&highlight=QPE . By chance would someone already have this development environment already setup for Maemo 4 (or 5) and willing to give a quick crack at it? http://www.qsl.net/n1vtn/petittrack_1.2.0.tar.gz

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post: