Love the site, appreciate all the work. But really: when it's not usable on at least 50% of the machines it's *about*, that's -- I don't know? Tragedy? Irony? Philately?

It's sad and stupid, anyway. Please make sure the site works on an N800 in future. Please?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
This new layout/site is not functional on my N800. It won't show any forum entries.
On my pc it loads, but it's considerably slower than before.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nottingham
my vote is against the 'new look' too. sorry for the effort involved.

you can change the look on your tablet at the bottom of the page.
you hafe to go to wiki http://www.internettablettalk.com/wiki to see the theme switcher. in the forums user control panel you can also switch to a different style for the board. it wos not easy to find this way for changing the style, but now it works in opera.

if you use microb, you can also use the new style.

I think that waiting for the new 2008 OS (with MicroB) would've prevented a lot of problems for Opera users.

Originally Posted by paratox View Post
you can change the look on your tablet at the bottom of the page.
you hafe to go to wiki http://www.internettablettalk.com/wiki to see the theme switcher. in the forums user control panel you can also switch to a different style for the board. it wos not easy to find this way for changing the style, but now it works in opera.

if you use microb, you can also use the new style.
I don't understand. I eventually found my way into preferences in the wiki, which offered a choice between "broken" (what we have now) and "ugly", "uglier", "really ugly" and "just kill yourself now".

Having chosen the first of these, the home page is unchanged. So I'm not clear how this has helped (except with the wiki, obviously).

I repeat: I admire the site, and all the effort you've put in. But YOU'VE CHANGED THE SITE SO HALF THE BROWSER HITS ON YOUR SITE DON'T WORK. I'm not clear on how this isn't considered a crisis for a website.

Regarding switching to MicroB: in their wisdom, Nokia haven't arranged things so I can tell which browser I'm running. But I've repeatedly changed both the current and default browsers to MicroB, quit out of the browser and restarted the device, and your site still looks like *** on my N800.

Can you not do a svn revert on the styles or something to otherwise make your site usable on my N800? For the love of Mike, this is ****ing nuts.

It's like having a Firefox website that only works in IE!

Originally Posted by gisborne View Post
It's like having a Firefox website that only works in IE!
rofl !!