Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
If at all possible, please report any GPE bugs in the GPE bugzilla: http://bugs.linuxtogo.org/

It will really help us when we start working on the OS2008 problems. Note that none of the GPE developers actually has an OS2008 device yet!

Graham

The Details -tab when creating or editing an event in GPE calendar under OS2008 doesn't seem to contain anything.

Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
Note that none of the GPE developers actually has an OS2008 device yet!
That doesn't sound good.

Originally Posted by basco View Post
That doesn't sound good.
Well, nobody does.

Erminig, and al the GPE working for me on my N800 ( OS2008 ) .... It showed a prob on the to do's but after restarting al went fine. I'm glad the GPE-summary works again.

re: gpe calendar. had some problems backing up the dates from the 2007 os then restoring to the 2008, but probably was just a corrupted backup, though i was able to restore to the 770 without trouble. backed up on 770 the restored from that without problem. but of most importance is that the desktop gpe summary applet does not load on the n800 with 2008 installed. calendar works as well as it ever did, but no applet on the desktop. box is there to check, but when checked applet does not load and check mark is 'removed'. perhaps someone has better luck with this?

Originally Posted by jdr93 View Post
re: gpe calendar. had some problems backing up the dates from the 2007 os then restoring to the 2008, but probably was just a corrupted backup, though i was able to restore to the 770 without trouble. backed up on 770 the restored from that without problem. but of most importance is that the desktop gpe summary applet does not load on the n800 with 2008 installed. calendar works as well as it ever did, but no applet on the desktop. box is there to check, but when checked applet does not load and check mark is 'removed'. perhaps someone has better luck with this?
exactly the same on the n810

re gpe calendar: neglected to notice that 'gpe summary' had not been installed. now the desktop applet is working properly.

john

gpe calendar seems to work ok for me. But Erminig won't. It dies like this. Got any idea? Erminig author says he'll work on OS2008 after official release

['DTSTART:20071130T160000ZDTEND:20071130T170000Z']
google_event : rend : rend : NULL
google_event : rend : exiting :
rend : NULL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 205, in on_UpdateProfile
self.proxy_enabled)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/processevents.py", line 138, in updateall
now_timestamp + timedelta, self.profile_startdate)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/processevents.py", line 369, in ImportGoogleEvents
self.AddGPEEvent(event)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/processevents.py", line 428, in AddGPEEvent
print("recur : " + the_event.recur())
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/google_event.py", line 87, in recur
for rrule in (rstring[2].split(':'))[1].split(';'): #Pas optimise
IndexError: list index out of range

Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I think I've got this sorted out.

deb http://elkins.org/packages chinook main
Still not working. No errors, it just doesn't list the apps at all.