Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Is it possible that the image you've downloaded is somehow corrupt. Did you check the MD5 hash, there's a link at the bottom for checking it in Windows.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Flash the COMBINED image without -R, then flash the eMMC image.
And then, after flashing the eMMC, reboot?
Well, I tried that now... It didn't help either
I'm starting to think this is a lost case... Maybe I should start to browse around for a 2nd-hand N900... Too bad, I REALLY loved mine

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Apologies, I've misread what you've said, you've already done this.
No harm was done, thanks for trying to help nonetheless

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Is it possible that the image you've downloaded is somehow corrupt. Did you check the MD5 hash, there's a link at the bottom for checking it in Windows.
I didn't try that, but I can't see why would the images suddenly be corrupted after I've successfully used it for so many times? I'll check that nonetheless, I'm willing to try anything by now...

Last edited by efekt; 2011-04-07 at 21:50.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
good luck !!!!!

You see, this is what happens if I run the flasher while the device is connected:

Have you tried running the flasher while the phone is disconnected, per the wiki?

Windows:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

Text similar to the following will be displayed on the computer:
flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Image 'mmc', size 255947 kB
Version RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.

Plug in the powered down N900 while holding 'u' key

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I had emmc flashing errors once, too but found out that crossflashing the kernel helped me fixing it. See here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...592#post975592 Maybe it'll help.
Basically it's flashing Firmware 1.3, then flashing --only kernel from PR1.2, flashing EMMC from PR1.3 and finally flashing kernel from PR1.3 back (or reflash the whole PR1.3 from 1st step will do it too)

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

Originally Posted by 方法ナイフ View Post
Have you tried running the flasher while the phone is disconnected, per the wiki?

Windows:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

Text similar to the following will be displayed on the computer:
flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Image 'mmc', size 255947 kB
Version RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.

Plug in the powered down N900 while holding 'u' key
Of course I tried
I think now I've tried just about anything written in the wiki...

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
I had emmc flashing errors once, too but found out that crossflashing the kernel helped me fixing it. See here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...592#post975592 Maybe it'll help.
Basically it's flashing Firmware 1.3, then flashing --only kernel from PR1.2, flashing EMMC from PR1.3 and finally flashing kernel from PR1.3 back (or reflash the whole PR1.3 from 1st step will do it too)

Greetz,

Thanks man, but it didn't work either - thanks for trying to help!
Btw, in your post on phase 2 ("Flash only Kernel of PR1.2") you have 2 errors - the first one is that the firmware in your example is not PR 1.2, but PR 1.1.1 (this confused me a bit ), and the second one is in the flasher command - you forgot to add "-f" after "--flash-only=kernel". If you don't add the "-f", flasher will say "there was nothing to do" and will quit

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Thanks for pointing me to the errors... I thought the firmware on my harddrive was PR1.2 and not older, but it shouldn't matter anyway. It's basically all about flashing a different kernel. Same for the forgotten flash switch... I always thought -f would be the same as --flash and so I thought --flash-kernel should be enough...

Greetz,

Well, I tried running chkdsk on the device while its on USB storage mode, gained with the rescue kernel, but chkdsk did not find anything wrong, so I'm more or less on a dead end here
Any more ideas? and why does my device - when connected to USB - go into USB mode on startup (as if I was holding 'u') for a second - with the USB icon on the top right corner of the device's screen and all, and then leaves USB mode? It didn't do it before I had this problem (described on my first post on this thread)... Could it be a symptom of something?

So, your n900 is properly flashed with combined and emmc firmware right?
R+D mode is disabled too, right, well then you should have a working phone mate...
Did you try to take out the battery for at least some minutes (and holding the power button for a while when battery is out?)... The phone sometimes really acts weird and memorizes a lot of stuff even when the battery was out for some seconds.

Try it...

:cheers:

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2011-04-09 at 17:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
mine did that, it would not flash at all i took the battery out and left it whilst i calmed down, tried it again about 10mins later and it did it, sigh of relief

Tags
rescue kernel