Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Ok, thanks very much for that...

I don't use a great deal of stuff from devel, only things that enhance my N900 experience and what i deem to be useful to me.

I do appreciate all your help in me actually getting the external keyboard working with my N900 and could get the jist of things from the error message, it just seems odd that i download the file like you say and also run the command you suggested and then it doesnt work.

I'm not too impressed with your reply to be honest... I appreciate you may have put a lot of hard work into this which im sure many many people along with me appreciate but i have been nothing but polite and only want to solve the problem i am having with the PS3 pairing, which previously worked.

Since owning my N900 i have put a lot of time in to trying to understand how maemo works and learning new commands and the general jist of how things work in a linux based system. I came here to the community to seek help and have in no uncertain terms been told to f*** off.

First bad experience i've had on here. Has anyone else with more time able to help me out please?
What he means is that you first should get your hands on the libconbtui0-hid_0.0.1_armel.deb file itself before trying to install the file.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I am little lost with the status on your side. So far my understanding is:

- you have extkbd/extmou installed and bluetooth input plugin enabled
- you are able to connect your Freedom Pro Keyboard without problems
- you are able to connect your PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (with LEDs blinking, but otherwise fully functional)
- you are able to pair your Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 but it refuses to connect with message (what?)
-if you reinstall extkbd/extmouse/libbtui-hid (which effectively restarts bluetoothd, nothing more) you are able to connect your mouse. What about other devices?

Please clarify on the above so both of us are on common ground. And please clarify do you have any custom setting for bluetooth/X/(whatever may be related).

And could you please test following - while you have keyboard and sixaxis connected, remove pairing with mouse and re-pair it again.
Well - the status is that the mouse is not working - i'll explain:
from a clean state (no bt backage, no extkbd, no extmou) - i install extkbd and extmou.
at this point i can connect both mouse and keyboard but not the joystick (i get the dialog issue).
after executing in terminal:

/opt/usr/bin/btinputplugin disable
stop bluetoothd
start bluetoothd

or installing your package and executing "/opt/usr/bin/sixauth 00:06:F7:08:8E:08" which restarts the bluetooth, the keyboard and the joystick are working, but mouse doesn't anymore - cannot connect to mouse message pops up.

i tried connecting the mouse while the DS3 is connected and i am still getting the error and the mouse won't connect. the exact error message i'm getting each time i try to connect is: "Connection failed to Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000".

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I see. And will you point the last post I told you to disable bluetooth input plugin? I think it was a week or something ago.

DO NOT DISABLE INPUT PLUGIN!!!

Enable it and you should be able to connect all devices.

Freemangordon - it is working!

the reason i disabled the plugin was because i failed to connect the joystick before the "sixauth_0.0.2_armel.deb" package.

for all users - the following scenario works perfectly:

1. install "sixauth_0.0.2_armel.deb"
2. execute /opt/usr/bin/sixauth [sixaxis address - can be taken from /var/lib/bluetooth/[bt address]/names file]
3. pair devices - keyboard and mouse if you haven't before
4. connect sixaxis first (if i don't do that, the buttons of it will not respond)
5. connect mouse and keyboard.

There is still that issue that all 3 leds of the DS3 are blinking - can you solve it?

Thanks for the great support

Last edited by impeham; 2011-03-18 at 09:15.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Freemangordon - it is working!

the reason i disabled the plugin was because i failed to connect the joystick before the "sixauth_0.0.2_armel.deb" package.

for all users - the following scenario works perfectly:
1. remove any libconbtui0-hid dependent packages (extkbd, extmou and itself)
2. install extkbd and extmou

steps 1 and 2 might not be needed but i did them just in case.

3. install "sixauth_0.0.2_armel.deb"
4. execute /opt/usr/bin/sixauth [sixaxis address - can be taken from /var/lib/bluetooth/[bt address]/names file]
5. pair devices - keyboard and mouse if you haven't before
6. connect sixaxis first (if i don't do that, the buttons of it will not respond)
7. connect mouse and keyboard.

There is still that issue that all 3 leds of the DS3 are blinking - can you solve it?

Thanks for the great support
Glad to see it working finally .

Would you please edit your post removing points 1 and 2, they are not needed.

Re blinking LEDs - I will see if anything can be done.

Glad to see it working finally .

Would you please edit your post removing points 1 and 2, they are not needed.

Re blinking LEDs - I will see if anything can be done.
Done.

i am now using all 3 devices. i can say that the mouse might not be needed at all for users who are used to work with lenovo's trackpoint controller as the left analog stick of the sixaxis has a similar behavior. Need to map left & right mouse clicks to buttons though.

Hi esteemed Freemangordon. Thanks for extkbd! I use it with iGo, with settings on 105 key generic (intl) PC. language= USA and with variant = none.

As I'm typing (using eg an xterm application) the keyboard mapping changes randomly, especially the "enter" key and the ctrl enter key. They exchange roles!. In the mail app, when I'm typing a message, sometimes neither key works as a newline character. But ctrl M works.

This problem is a followon to a bug I reported on the bluetooth driver for the N810. In this old bug, there were two keys (function period and function semicolon) that would exchange mappings. This exchange happened whenever the bluetooth connection timed out. However the new problem with the N900 does not seem to be affected by identifiable events. From one minute to the next while I'm typing, the normal enter key can start working, and then stop working again. The switching happens every few minutes.

This looks like such a quirky problem that it seems hopeful that it could be tracked down. And then all of your extkbd fans would love you.

Best wishes ....TTEN

Could it depend on internal keyboard being closed/open. Or sensor detecting internal keyboard state going faulty. Opening internal keyboard changes HIM behaviour, to have consistent external keyboard you should keep your internal one open.

Just wanted to say thanks, this works great with the ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard, apart from a few keys, which have already been listed in this thread.

Could it depend on internal keyboard being closed/open. Or sensor detecting internal keyboard state going faulty. Opening internal keyboard changes HIM behaviour, to have consistent external keyboard you should keep your internal one open.
Yes! I can always restore the correct mapping by opening the internal keyboard. However, the mapping changes of randomly even when I have done this, so I often have to close the internal keyboard and re-open it so the mapping will be restored.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard