Notices

here is how

Install alarmed and have it run this script at sleepy time:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mc-tool list | grep "sofiasip" | awk {'print "mc-tool request "$1" online"'} | sh
And then thius script at wakey brushy time:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mc-tool list | grep "sofiasip" | awk {'print "mc-tool request "$1"
offline"'} | sh

Or easier yet, just dont have your phone connected to the internet when you are ya know...asleep.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-03-31 at 15:41. Reason: oopz, these are sip scripts, but you get the idea. use alarmed and scritps

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thanks, but it doesn't work for me. I have no idea how to program the n900, so please tell me what I did wrong:

I put an event in alarmed, scheduled daily at half past midnight, and the command I inserted was: "#!/bin/sh mc-tool list | grep "sofiasip" | awk {'print "mc-tool request "$1" offline"'} | sh".

But nothing happened at half past midnight, my SIP account is still online.

Why?

And how do I make it switch off my IM accounts? I actually don't mind if the SIP stays online. And I can't switch off the internet because I still need to get emails.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but is there a way for the built in messaging client to switch to busy/away after a predefined idle time(after screen lock) and offline after another? I have searched and also asked before in different threads but have not found a solution. I know pidgin, etc could do that but I am interested in getting this to work with skype.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Do you have the mc-tool on your device?
I don't have that...
And I can't find it in my applications manager, since I don't have any of the mentioned repositories. I can't find instructions on how to install these repositories.
Sorry for nagging, I really don't know much about the n900 or programming.