no/10characters

Originally Posted by nishit View Post
root:RQY41ty1P1gfk can someone crack it for me???
I'm tired of cracking codes...

Try to do it by your self, it brings more fun.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
can someone help me with my password please i cant get john the ripper to work
rootT1LeJUG. D9/42:
can you find the code please thx

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by kraker_Abby View Post
can someone help me with my password please i cant get john the ripper to work
rootT1LeJUG. D9/42:
can you find the code please thx
You might get some help if your second post on talk.maemo.org includes a clear copy of your proof of legitimate ownership of the device you wish to unlock. Absent that sort of documentation, taken with your newness to the forum, you are unlikely to get the code from here.

The lock code is there to protect the information of the owner from unwanted prying, at the least. Imagine how you'd feel if you found your significant other snooping through what you thought was your locked device. Worse, imagine if your locked N900 was stolen and the thief was able to get it functional again by joining the forum and getting the code - just like that!

Hi everyone. Given the circumstances, I'm pretty sure the answer will be no, but i had to try.
Right yesterday i bought a second hand N900 (without seeing it first, very bad idea) which has no proof of purchase: no receipt, no warranty certificate, no original package, no nothing, i bought it from a friend of a friend who wanted the money to buy an iphone, or something like that. Since i wanted to retire my N95, it sounded a good oportunity. This morning, when i got it and turned on, It had the red striped SIM card icon (if the info helps, i live in Brasil). Talked to the guy, he said it was OK before giving it to me and that probably it was SIM locked. I searched google, ended up here, read about flashing and done it. After all the process went fine (at least i recognized no errors), the phone reboted and what i've got is a "Enter lock code screen". Called the guy again, he said he fogot to told me about that and that forgot the code he had inserted, tried the default nokia lock code (which was incorrect, obviously) and now i'm completely stuck in this screen.

All that said, questions are:
1) Is this thread the right place to this question, anyway?
2) Considering mine and phone's situation, would you guys helping me?

Thanks in advance and thanks whatever the answer is.

Originally Posted by wzwilliam View Post
Hi everyone. Given the circumstances, I'm pretty sure the answer will be no, but i had to try.
Right yesterday i bought a second hand N900 (without seeing it first, very bad idea) which has no proof of purchase: no receipt, no warranty certificate, no original package, no nothing, i bought it from a friend of a friend who wanted the money to buy an iphone, or something like that. Since i wanted to retire my N95, it sounded a good oportunity. This morning, when i got it and turned on, It had the red striped SIM card icon (if the info helps, i live in Brasil). Talked to the guy, he said it was OK before giving it to me and that probably it was SIM locked. I searched google, ended up here, read about flashing and done it. After all the process went fine (at least i recognized no errors), the phone reboted and what i've got is a "Enter lock code screen". Called the guy again, he said he fogot to told me about that and that forgot the code he had inserted, tried the default nokia lock code (which was incorrect, obviously) and now i'm completely stuck in this screen.

All that said, questions are:
1) Is this thread the right place to this question, anyway?
2) Considering mine and phone's situation, would you guys helping me?

Thanks in advance and thanks whatever the answer is.

I think even if you crack the lock code phone might not work because of your new phone might be black-listed (reported as stolen or lost). In my opinion what you should do is to get back your money from that guy.

So it's possible. Then the question left is: should i try to get help elsewhere?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Reseda, California
There's help all over this forum and then again through google.

I also recently bought my n900 second hand and even though I emailed the original owner to make a note of the security code, he wasn't forthcoming on that. My guess is he forgot it anyway.

After getting networking and ssh working, I decided to deal with the lock code and locked the device. Sure enough, the default didn't work. But after downloading JtR, it took less than 5 minutes to reset. Of course ymmv.

Originally Posted by totalentropy View Post
After getting networking and ssh working, I decided to deal with the lock code and locked the device. Sure enough, the default didn't work. But after downloading JtR, it took less than 5 minutes to reset. Of course ymmv.
That's my problem. Since it boots right to the lock code screen, i just have (better saying, i know) no way to access the phone system to install any apps or do anything. The worst part is that only after the flash i found out about the lock code resetting.

But anyway, thank you very much for the answers, i'll keep on searching for a solution.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by wzwilliam View Post
But anyway, thank you very much for the answers, i'll keep on searching for a solution.
You might try contacting Nokia and see what they say. It seems to me that they should help you if the N900 hasn't been reported stolen.

I had a similar problem with my ancient Dell Latitude. I bought it in Moscow under slightly mysterious circumstances. Eventually I contacted Dell and they sort of created a registration for me -- they had no record of the info I read them from the bottom of the Dell.

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900