Active Topics

on my n900 when i use the on screen keyboard to edit/overwrite a url to jump to a new location or initiate a google keyword search microb seems to tag on parts of the previous url to my newly entered url. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so is there a solution?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
that's how it work, it just show you whatever already there and give you the virtue keyboard. It doesn't delete it for you cuz maybe you just only need to change part of it.

no, you misunderstand. when i change part or all of it, when i close the virtual keyboard, the url in the url bar contains my changes, but also contains part of the previous url on the end, even if i delete everything in the virtual keyboard and type in something new. when the virtual keyboard is closed the url in the url bar contains a portion of the previous url on the end.

i don't know if this is something just wrong with my setup or if it's a general bug.

there isn't any bug i encountered with micro-b maybe with your keyboard settings! are you using ukeyboard or any other add-on such as fastsms-evo . if so try reinstalling it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebelnoob For This Useful Post:
hmmm. i don't have ukeyboard installed but did have fastsms installed. i've uninstalled fastsms, so will see how it goes. if nobody else has this problem then i'll have to do some troubleshooting with my apps/tweaks/settings. thanks.

I have the same overhere, but also with other uses of the virtual keyboard, text message & email for example.
how doe we fix this?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I have same problem also, but I don't really use virtual kb, so I havent bothered to figure out why it does that.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I have the same problem, it bothers me.. I don't use VKB much tho..

I think you are experiencing this bug?

There is no fix that i know of, and since the virtual keyboard is closed source, I guess "we" can't fix it - only "Nokia" can (hint: don't get your hopes up about that)

You can always try to install a third-party virtual keyboard like FastSMSEvo (never tried it myself though, is that one bug-free?), but that's just a workaround off course because it replaces the original keyboard entirely by a different keyboard, instead of fixing your problem.