Active Topics

I just ordered one of these. Because it's cheap, and my N900 is broken.

I really did pick it for the pixel per dollar count, but not until I found that it has unofficial Gingerbread support. I just am not willing to pay £400 for an Android phone at this time, especially considering how much these £100-150 will get you.

Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
The zte skate would be cool if @ the same price of zte blade. 805 MHz processor probably Cortex A8, Gingerbread, 4.3 Capacitive touchescreen...

Mmm. I've been using it for a few days, and upgraded it to CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.3. I really miss the N900 task switcher/real multitasking, I really miss the stylus and I really miss the qwerty. While I can live with the onscreen keyboard, switching drives me crazy. I am going to look into task switcher apps.

There are other things that seems to be better, like a lower chance of deleting/moving shortcuts and widgets when an non-screenlocked phone is in the pocket, a more finished feeling in the menus, etc. Oh, and the price. I think it's a lot of phone for the price.

At first I thought the ZTE was too light to feel sturdy, but I quickly got used to that. I just wish they hadn't put the chrome details at the sides.

Google Goggles seems cool.

Last edited by volt; 2011-03-20 at 23:07.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
I bought one of these as a development phone and have flashed the Modaco FroYo ROM to it. It was only ever meant to be a bog standard Android device just sufficient for testing on but I have been playing around with it for a week and I must say I'm quite stunned.

I realise the N900 has a better CPU and GPU chipset and various other bits that this doesn't have, but frankly I'd actually consider switching to it having used it! The OS is smooth, the screen is responsive at virtually all times (compared to an N900 overclocked to 850MHz), it looks nice too. The range of meaningful applications you can get from the Android Market and the third party app store is immense and "fart-apps" aside the sheer weight and range of choice truly outweighs that available for the N900.

I am a developer, I do like to fiddle with the phone and make it do hacky things and so on and so forth, but frankly and to my great surprise this phone has blown my N900 clean out of the water for me.

For £90 over the ridiculous £600 that I paid for the N900 frankly there is no contest. It may not been so hackable but it sure works a whole lot better than any Nokia that I've ever had in the 15 years that I've been a Nokia user.

The Following User Says Thank You to stopgap For This Useful Post: