So I was wondering if anyone else is suddenly experiencing this problem. I've been running Titan's kernel for.. well months I guess now. Possibly a year. At any rate, yesterday my N900 suddenly stopped recognizing the sim card. After a reboot, it was recognized again but only for about 30 minutes when it stopped recognizing it again.

I tried the paper trick and everything, to no avail. So I reflashed the stock kernel and the sim was recognized just fine. After running the stock kernel for a day and having no problems, I decided to attempt Titan's kernel again. Same problem arose. No sim. So I uninstalled the kernel using Titan's uninstaller (to put back the stock kernel) and still, no sim. Sigh.

So I've reflashed stock again using the flasher and now all is well again.

Anyone have an idea what part of the Power kernel package might be causing this issue? I'm using AT&T in the United States. I don't feel like installing the power kernel again because I'm pretty sure it will, once again, stop recognizing the sim.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If I read you correctly, you have tried the sim several times and have had some problems even after uninstalling Titan's kernel. True, reflashing got you back to good. To me, this spells intermittent sim problems. I don't think it has anything to do with Titan's kernel. At any rate, I have been using Tmobile sims and haven't experienced any problems, with or without Titan's kernel.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If I read you correctly, you have tried the sim several times and have had some problems even after uninstalling Titan's kernel. True, reflashing got you back to good. To me, this spells intermittent sim problems. I don't think it has anything to do with Titan's kernel. At any rate, I have been using Tmobile sims and haven't experienced any problems, with or without Titan's kernel.
You have read me correctly. I only had an intermittant problem once. I even swapped sims with my wifes and same problem. Not recognized. The paper trick was tried, no fix.

After multiple experiments, Titan's kernel appears to be the only culprit. Currently running stock and its fine. I'll leave it stock for a few days and see if it kicks out again, but I'm pretty sure it will not.

I'm *thinking* maybe a voltage issue.. I know titan's kernel lowers voltage.. is it possible this could cause a sim read issue?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
But when you loads the Titan's kernel, you'll also change the profile using lower voltages?

[EDIT]
You've anticipated
tilt2control : control mediaplayer by tilting your n900.
gpstracker-c : easy handle your gpstracker tk102.
pyOBD for maemo (OBD-II cars diagnostic)

Last edited by m750; 2011-03-28 at 20:46.

Originally Posted by m750 View Post
But when it loads the Titan's kernel, you'll also change the profile using lower voltages?

[EDIT]
You've anticipated
Negative, I never get a chance to load profiles. As soon as I reboot into the power kernel I get the no-sim icon.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Please, put this command in x-terminal, once you have reinstalled the Titan's kernel:

Code:
root
kernel-config show
and look at the voltages.

This table is the stock voltages table

Code:
stock/normal kernel
30 = 0x1e = 0.975V x 0 MHz = 0
30 = 0x1e = 0.975V x 125 MHz = 119
38 = 0x26 = 1.075V x 250 MHz = 289
48 = 0x30 = 1.200V x 500 MHz = 720
54 = 0x36 = 1.275V x 550 MHz = 894
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 600 MHz = 1094
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 720 MHz = 1312
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 750 MHz = 1367
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 810 MHz = 1476
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 850 MHz = 1549
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 900 MHz = 1640
60 = 0x3c = 1.350V x 950 MHz = 1731
[EDIT[
I added the zipped file "configurazioni.zip" (configurations in English). It 's a excel sheet with the standard (and two of my more) Titan's kernel profiles. I hope it can be of help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip configurazioni.zip (5.0 KB, 97 views)
tilt2control : control mediaplayer by tilting your n900.
gpstracker-c : easy handle your gpstracker tk102.
pyOBD for maemo (OBD-II cars diagnostic)

Last edited by m750; 2011-03-28 at 21:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to m750 For This Useful Post:
Will do. I can't do it tonight, but I will possibly have some time tomorrow night to give it a shot and will report back.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
I have never had this problem...

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Had a similar problem, it was a bad module or setting. Every time I installed Titan's, issues. Turns out Titan's has an issue if you didn't get the power modules to go with it. I seemed to be the only one so I just kept it for myself. Apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-modules or somesuch.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Had a similar problem, it was a bad module or setting. Every time I installed Titan's, issues. Turns out Titan's has an issue if you didn't get the power modules to go with it. I seemed to be the only one so I just kept it for myself. Apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-modules or somesuch.
So your sim would be unrecognized until you installed the kernel-power-modules?

Outstanding, I will try that if it fails next install. Left my cable at home today so I'm not willing to attempt it in case I have to reflash.