Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by deviantv1ral View Post
i have sip, google voice, yahoo and gtalk running 24/7 i have 2 accounts checking every 15min

power kernel 250-900mhz

i get 6hrs with normal use
2-4 hrs with gamin surfing

24 hrs on wifi and not doing anything.

what can help me?
How old is the battery? They do degrade. If you are approaching a year of use, think about a new battery. Check out the link in the sig. of dr_frost_dk's post above http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=975491&postcount=3. The famed "blue Scud" is a quality battery punching above it's weight and terms of mAh and price.

Note: I have no affiliation with the company making or selling them, nor I believe does dr_frost_dk.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-03-25 at 20:45.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Have fb,skype, gtalk online all time + bt handsfree + 3 mail accounts checked every hour + 1-3 hours browsing , connection 2g/wifi (autoselected)

CPU 250-900, custom voltage profile, no smartreflex

Battery goes from fully loaded in morning to about 50%-60% at 6-8 p.m. when hard play (programming) kicks in, so i put charger in .

There is something eating your battery, check if your wifi power saving is turned on.

Use wifi-switcher to turn off wifi for real when not needed and your battery will last days.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Do you have MyMenu, Catorize or similar installed (categorisation of your apps list)? There is a firmware bug that makes hildon-desktop keep using 3-10% CPU-time continuously after entering the app sub-menus once or a few times.

You can use htop or conky to find out if this is a problem for you. If it is, hildon-desktop will be continuously (not just short moments) running at more than 3-10% CPU (it should be below 1% when you are just idling).

In general, when things are OK, conky should show you mostly having 250MHz at less than 10% total CPU load when idling (most of that is conky itself displaying its results). If you have more than that for prolonged periods when idling, you have a problem that will drain your battery in less than a day.

I actually think this is one of the main culprits for people having poor battery-life.

To fix the problem, either uninstall MyMenu/Catorize, or run this script every time you have been in the apps-menus:

cd ~/.config/menus
mv hildon.menu tmp
sleep 1
mv tmp hildon.menu

That will reset hildon-desktop and, after a short while, bring it back to normal idling levels.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
To fix the problem, either uninstall MyMenu/Catorize, or run this script every time you have been in the apps-menus:

cd ~/.config/menus
mv hildon.menu tmp
sleep 1
mv tmp hildon.menu

That will reset hildon-desktop and, after a short while, bring it back to normal idling levels.
Or just install a custom hildon desktop like everyone else.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Hmmm, could you explain that a bit more? Do you mean the community SSU or just a normal app that is able to replace hildon-desktop? Which app in that case?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I have 24/7 data connection with a battery life of 24h.

You are obviously doing it wrong.
what are ur temperatures in the country u live in?
I barely get 14 hrs.. now a days with many mods i pull out roughly 18 hrs

Im looking into changing my battery as this phone is maybe 1-2 years old, has anyone seen an aftermarket replacement that has a higher capasity and longer life?

Originally Posted by deviantv1ral View Post
i have sip, google voice, yahoo and gtalk running 24/7 i have 2 accounts checking every 15min

power kernel 250-900mhz

i get 6hrs with normal use
2-4 hrs with gamin surfing

24 hrs on wifi and not doing anything.

what can help me?
what's the point of the autodisconnect app if people are getting 24 hours of battery life with the in built power saving? i run autodisconnect but might turn it off now, as i don't see the point.. at least for wifi anyway.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by JAMIIE View Post
Im looking into changing my battery as this phone is maybe 1-2 years old, has anyone seen an aftermarket replacement that has a higher capasity and longer life?
Read my post 6/7 above yours mate, THE link is there