Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
some how i managed to have 2 witter runing today. since then its not worked. i uninstalled ar reinstalled. it just kept crashing .

so i uninstalled
deleted .witter*
reinstalled and now just sitting trying to load timeline

so run as instructed and got

~ $ run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py
No config file, prompt for uid / pwd
Failed to establish api for Twitter
Failed to establish api for Twitter
failed to read timeline file
/opt/witter/ui/gtkWitter.py:77: GtkWarning: gtk_container_child_set_property: assertion `child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container)' failed
self.builder.add_from_file("/usr/share/witter/witter.ui")
UI elements loaded from file
signals connected to buttons
Loading Theme Icons
defining ui buttons
define portrait keyboard objects
define general window

please help :-) craig
craig,

it looks like it was having a problem with establishing a connection to twitter. It could access the API. I've noticed this on mine a few times, I'm going to look at putting in some sort of feedback to the user, some sort of timeout for connecting. Otherwise as you have seen it just sits there loading and you have no idea what is going on.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
I've been looking into some of the random crashes that seem to happen in witter. I believe that they are being caused by 3rd party libraries. I'm working on updating the twitter library that is used. Also I'm going to take a look at the dependencies that come from the maemo repos see if they are all up to date, things like httplib2 and oauth.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
When I start Witter I get the title bar and timer then it dies and when run from terminal get this
Code:
gestures enabled
tweet with location disabled
no service setting
clear search results on new search disabled
unknown option
No more users to load
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 1263, in <module>
    app = Witter()
  File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 173, in __init__
    self.activeAccount.tweetstore = self.reload_timeline_data('/home/user/.wittertl',self.activeAccount.getTimeline())
AttributeError: Witter instance has no attribute 'activeAccount'
I have uninstalled and reinstalled with same rsult

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... having serious Witter issues after my phone came back from repair ... am using PR1.3 and reinstalled most of the stuff I've been using previously, Witter worked a couple of times and now crashes every time I try to open it ... when I try and run from xterminal I get ...

/usr/bin/run-standalone.sh: line 11: python2.5/opt/witter/witter.py: not found

... any ideas? ... thanks!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
... having serious Witter issues after my phone came back from repair ... am using PR1.3 and reinstalled most of the stuff I've been using previously, Witter worked a couple of times and now crashes every time I try to open it ... when I try and run from xterminal I get ...

/usr/bin/run-standalone.sh: line 11: python2.5/opt/witter/witter.py: not found

... any ideas? ... thanks!
umm.... do you have a space between the python2.5 and the /opt/witter/witter.py ?

The Following User Says Thank You to wreckgar23 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wreckgar23 View Post
umm.... do you have a space between the python2.5 and the /opt/witter/witter.py ?
... quite possibly not! ... and I tried it three times, with the same result each time ... will try again!

Ok ... this looks more like the results everyone else is getting ... hanks!

gestures enabled
no service setting
No more users to load
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 1166, in <module>
app = Witter()
File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 169, in __init__
self.activeAccount.tweetstore = self.reload_timeline_data('/home/user/.wittertl',self.activeAccount.getTimeline())
AttributeError: Witter instance has no attribute 'activeAccount'

ok so elsewhere in the thread (not that I've read all 79 pages) there's a few mentions of ways of resetting witter. try
rm /home/user/.witter*
Another issue is inputting the authorisation pin number from twitter. When configuring the account, it seems important to not hit 'OK' when configuring Oauth, instead letting the web browser gain focus.

Once you've got the pin from twitter, then you can task back to witter and press ok. I had a few situations yesterday when I couldn't actually input the pin number once I'd authorised through the web browser and I think it was because of that.

Thanks ... that appears to have sorted the major problem I was having with witter ... I'm still finding the extras version pretty unstable though, so will probably be using khweeteur as a main twitter client (now that I've figured out the double click it's really grown on me!) ... witter does have some advantages though, so nice to have both! ... thanks again! x

Could you let me know if running it as root prevents the crashes (not that you should do this generally)?

Is the problem you see now that the N900 menu displays "timeline", you get notifications of new tweets, but that the timeline UI itself doesn't get populated and the app is apparently locked up?

Would be good to know as I was seeing this yesterday, and would help to resolve the problem.

Last edited by wreckgar23; 2011-03-28 at 13:47. Reason: more info

Tags
python, twitter