Active Topics

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
By the by... still going. I haven't charged my Droid yet and I'm on my third day now. It's just over 20% (but then I played some games on it yesterday.. not typical phone usage for me but I was waiting in the car for someone). NICE!
That's extremely encouraging, and amazing battery life. Considering that the Droid is a late-2009 device, I should hope that more modern devices should be able to do at least that if not more! It seems that many high-end smartphones are packing larger batteries these days (~1600mAh @ 3.7V -- voltage assumed).

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
That's extremely encouraging, and amazing battery life. Considering that the Droid is a late-2009 device, I should hope that more modern devices should be able to do at least that if not more! It seems that many high-end smartphones are packing larger batteries these days (~1600mAh @ 3.7V -- voltage assumed).
Screw that--my Galaxy Tab already runs for a LOOOOONG time on its battery under 2.2. I want to see what happens on THAT device!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Really? I had edited the link. Try again. I can certainly see apps; starting with Fruit Ninja. Clicking on the app, however, took me to Amazon's front page.
Nope--didn't see any apps listed. I'm already logged in and everything.. no script-blocking, etc. Just a bunch of hardware ads in the middle of the screen, but no apps. Just like the screenshot at the other URL:
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...ces-previewed/
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Nope--didn't see any apps listed. I'm already logged in and everything.. no script-blocking, etc. Just a bunch of hardware ads in the middle of the screen, but no apps. Just like the screenshot at the other URL:
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...ces-previewed/
That's odd! I'm not logged in, so perhaps that's it. It also may be a sloppily implemented regional restriction.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Screw that--my Galaxy Tab already runs for a LOOOOONG time on its battery under 2.2. I want to see what happens on THAT device!
That's a really good point! I'm curious about that Tab's battery life as well under this system. What type of life are you currently getting?

Android seems to be making retailers happy:

Carphone Warehouse in the UK reports selling 1M devices and 2000% growth in profit!

http://www.androidcentral.com/carpho...ales-over-2000

I wonder how many of those were Tabs...

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Android seems to be making retailers happy:

Carphone Warehouse in the UK reports selling 1M devices and 2000% growth in profit!

http://www.androidcentral.com/carpho...ales-over-2000

I wonder how many of those were Tabs...
Probably not many--Android tablets are still in their relative infancy with only maybe a couple of realistic contenders (the Galaxy Tab and the Xoom) out at the moment... and then only ONE of those two, the Xoom, is running a real tablet optimized version of Android. Just wait. Tablets are right now at the stage where Android 1.5 were when it had just come out and the iPhone was an undisputed king that could see no threat to its reign.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Seems worth bringing to your attention although not worth its own thread. I just saw an 8" tablet, running Froyo with a 1GHz ARM Cortex 8, for $230 on DealExtreme. How's it look to y'all?

Personally, I'm still inclined to stick to a tablet that is small enough to pocket and also light enough to comfortably hold over my head as I lazily lie on my back reading and surfing in bed. If I get too sick of the relative sluggishness and bulk of my N800, at this point I'm inclined to replace it with the Archos 43. I know it has a non-user-replaceable battery, but other than that I can't see any reason not to opt for that unit. Anybody here want to suggest why it's a bad choice?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
What are we supposed to be looking at? (Maybe post a direct link to the article?)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03...pts-to-answer/

The Following User Says Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia

I second that!
I don't even need a car charger for mine!

I leave and come back still juiced up.

Good Stuff!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy