Active Topics

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newport, Wales
Yeap!!! found some sources for N900 screws! i know it's probably an issue with all DIY users like me who over-torqued a screw and messed it up, not to mention they were rare as diamonds on the net, here you go:

http://www.klc.fi/fin/tuotteet/Nokia-Varaosat-N900
http://www.thenokiaparts.com/eng/tuo...00-spare-parts

both are KLC Finland, some electronic shop in Finland, soooooo here you goooooooo! just ordered two from the first link, hopefully each one of these links is connected to a different warehouse, since the first one's stock is different than the other, fingers crossed, enjoy your full-in-parts n900.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to INGINE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Yup, I bought two sets from thenokiaparts, took about 4 business days to get here. They are exact OEM quality and have the threadlocker already on the tips. No complaints, will definitely order from them again if I need.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia
Ordered N900 screws from thenokiaparts.com more than 3 months ago. Didn't get it.
Sended there message more than 1 week ago and they don't response.
Destination: one of the biggest russian cities.

I'm going to complain to paypal.

Last edited by talkMAEMOnik; 2011-02-27 at 19:48.

what's the big news? nokia has been screwing the n900 for a year now...

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia
KLC Finland (thenokiaparts.com) replied to me only when I complained to them in paypal.
That is the message from "KLC Finland" <info@klc.fi>:

Your order has been sent 15.11.2010. Why you tell this 3 months after purchase? 4 out of 5 orders sent to Russia has been lost or stolen so we are not going to send anything to your country anymore.

Paypal accepts refunds for 60 days after payment. We tried to send you the money manually but:

"Currently PayPal accounts in Russia are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

I answered to this but they are not responding again. I can't use paypal Resolution Center again (I was too late with complaining (more than 45 days after purchase)).

Last edited by talkMAEMOnik; 2011-03-14 at 13:49.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Why does anyone need screws for a N900? it is out of warranty so why go to all the bother of getting Nokia scews???? what a waste of space this is taking up.

What next? a Nokia bog roll???.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Why does anyone need screws for a N900? it is out of warranty so why go to all the bother of getting Nokia scews???? what a waste of space this is taking up.

What next? a Nokia bog roll???.
mine is still under warranty 3 mths to go untill warranty is over.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Well you better hope it don't go wrong then because Nokia don't seem to be in a hurry to fix anything under repair.... try the usb thread !.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Don't we have any engineers here? Jesus, just go out and get some threadlock (Loctite 242 for example) followed by the correct grade of screw, which I would imagine is an M-style - Screw Suppliers Linky Linky, fit them into your handset and hey presto, bobs your uncle, fanny's your aunt, crack on!

Why are you wasting your money on "genuine" Nokia screws? Because you can bet your bottom dollar that Nokia did NOT make them!

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Well you better hope it don't go wrong then because Nokia don't seem to be in a hurry to fix anything under repair.... try the usb thread !.
My slider is giving me problem.It's not smooth as it used to be instead it's difficult to open.Should I give it to Nokia care for service?