Active Topics

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Laaaaaaaate news. This is the Developer Edition announcement.
Yep, nothing new here. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70615

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
It's not any "official" release as far as i can tell. Heck, Nokia isn't going to support MeeGo on N950 either as that one is going to be powered by Maemo6.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
As far as i heard Nokia is still working on meego and want to release at least one Meego powered device.

As they also want to release meego for the Nokia N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to N900L For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Meego is fun but its not done. Im not sure what nokia aiming for here. We are still talking about the same old meego GUI?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
It gets better and better for our lovely N900!

Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
Alternativly Tweak Flash Plugin available for the purpose, you can install it and enjoy.
ЦЦЦ some websites like facebook, do not allow me to play videos, even I already had the tweak installed.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
i jus jizzed in my pants

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Guys and girls,

That article is a mix-up of several sources and connecting dots where there aren't supposed to be any. MeeGo 1.2 (a platform, fairly unusuable to even power users) gets published at 27 april. This comes with a hardware adaptation for N900.

However. The Developer Edition work bases -on top of- MeeGo 1.2. This means it has it's own release schedule. Developer edition is NOT something for a regular user.

Nothing to see here, move along..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Guys and girls,

That article is a mix-up of several sources and connecting dots where there aren't supposed to be any. MeeGo 1.2 (a platform, fairly unusuable to even power users) gets published at 27 april. This comes with a hardware adaptation for N900.

However. The Developer Edition work bases -on top of- MeeGo 1.2. This means it has it's own release schedule. Developer edition is NOT something for a regular user.

Nothing to see here, move along..
So it'll be like the N900 was when it was first released?..........joke

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
omg so awesome! so many good things happening to our beloved N900!!

N900 RULZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Tags
fake crap, stop dreaming