Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Thank Everybody!
So much help from You guys. So in order so solve my "problem" with the kernel i have just clicked Deinstall Kernel blablabla in the menu and then reinstalled kernel power. And i wanted the 42 one because it's in extras, and 46 is in devel, so i am a bit scared of losing all of my stuff even with the new backup app, that's just my opinion. if You can tell me why should i switch to 46, i'll think of it. Thank again for pointing out the folder of png and desktop file. I kinda knew it... but still..

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Portland, OR
Out of curiosity, how is John the Ripper handling the cracking? In my experience, it needs a wordlist, right? Obviously we don't have huge wordlists on our n900's =P

I captured my home's WPA handshake successfully, but it was draining my battery trying to crack it, so I uploaded it to my quad-core linux desktop to crack it myself, but I realized that I use aircrack-ng with the "-w" to specifiy a wordlist. I suppose my question derives from my ignorance on all of JTR's functions.

Also: Thanks so much for the app, it's lovely. ^_^

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bristol UK
I had been using aircrack for a while. Not for anything untoward, but whenever i am somewhere where i see WEP i always say "you know, you should really change from WEP to WPA, its much more secure. Hell i could crack your password in 15mins just with my phone". As expected the person says "No way, go on then".
15 mins later i am always very very smug.

I kind of didn't see the need to install this, but am now glad i have, becuase my 15mins has now become 10 mins lol.

Nice work frummage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thargor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Thank Everybody!
So much help from You guys. So in order so solve my "problem" with the kernel i have just clicked Deinstall Kernel blablabla in the menu and then reinstalled kernel power. And i wanted the 42 one because it's in extras, and 46 is in devel, so i am a bit scared of losing all of my stuff even with the new backup app, that's just my opinion. if You can tell me why should i switch to 46, i'll think of it. Thank again for pointing out the folder of png and desktop file. I kinda knew it... but still..
USB Host Mode

Originally Posted by jonarmani View Post
Out of curiosity, how is John the Ripper handling the cracking? In my experience, it needs a wordlist, right? Obviously we don't have huge wordlists on our n900's =P

I captured my home's WPA handshake successfully, but it was draining my battery trying to crack it, so I uploaded it to my quad-core linux desktop to crack it myself, but I realized that I use aircrack-ng with the "-w" to specifiy a wordlist. I suppose my question derives from my ignorance on all of JTR's functions.
Nope, the point of John is so you don't need massive wordlists. Basically John creates wordlists and pipes them through aircrack in real-time. In this case the "-w" option of aircrack is set as "-" to use the stdtout of the John command as the wordlist.

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Portland, OR
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Nope, the point of John is so you don't need massive wordlists. Basically John creates wordlists and pipes them through aircrack in real-time. In this case the "-w" option of aircrack is set as "-" to use the stdtout of the John command as the wordlist.
Oh, I see. Much more intelligent way than what I was trying to grasp.

I know this is version 0.3 but some bugs I'd recommend fixing is the buttons for the drivers -- The injection buttons never really say whether I've applied them, or disabled them... "Will it work for injection? . . . Am I now able to get normal battery life back?" You get the picture. I can change some bash shells here and there, but would be no help with GUIs.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
seriously is v0.4 a myth?

Originally Posted by SalmanAbbas View Post
seriously is v0.4 a myth?
no it aint , people do have lives out side of maemo so either wait or jog on !!

#winner

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
hi all,

Ive got a question regarding the (f)aircrack and the N900.

While starting airodump to get a handshake, I can't read anything further then the CH list, so I can't read the things more to the right side of the terminal screen. How can I read the things "outside" my screen?

gtz and thx

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DBX1987 View Post
hi all,

While starting airodump to get a handshake, I can't read anything further then the CH list, so I can't read the things more to the right side of the terminal screen. How can I read the things "outside" my screen?

gtz and thx
click on minimize volume hardware button to make the text smaller

Originally Posted by DBX1987 View Post
hi all,

gtz and thx
just change the size of your font all will be ok !

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!