Hey, here's what I did with yhour battery meter, if you're interested.
Cheers and thanks again.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=119

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinukedaya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
Hey, here's what I did with yhour battery meter, if you're interested.
Cheers and thanks again.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=119
hehehe nice

Originally Posted by pedrocoba View Post
Too extreme for me to do yourself at home?
If there is I want to buy a ready-made from the experiment.thx
if i had the time, i wouldn't mind selling some dual battery's

but again it is not that complicated, if you have a friend that basically knows how to use a soldering iron then it is pretty easy, only fiddle work is 'opening' the plastic top.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The battery meter the value keep changing, drop and up, is it normal??

Here is the script removed from the 'constraints of the QBW for use in DCEW:

Code:
charge=$(hal-device | grep is.charging | awk '{printf $3}')
x=$(hal-device | grep voltage.current | awk '{printf "%4.0f",$3}')
if [ $x -ge 4050 ];then
echo $x | awk '{printf "%3.1f", 85 + ($1 - 4050) / 12}{print "%"}'
level=0;fi
if [ $x -ge 3900 -a $x -lt 4050 ];then
echo $x | awk '{printf "%3.1f", 70 + ($1 - 3900) / 10}{print "%"}'
level=0;fi
if [ $x -ge 3800 -a $x -lt 3900 ];then
echo $x | awk '{printf "%3.1f", 50 + ($1 - 3800) / 5}{print "%"}'
level=0;fi
if [ $x -ge 3660 -a $x -lt 3800 ];then
echo $x | awk '{printf "%3.1f", 15 + ($1 - 3660) / 4}{print "%"}'
level=1;fi
if [ $x -ge 3600 -a $x -lt 3660 ];then
echo $x | awk '{printf "%3.1f", 5 + ($1 - 3600) / 6}{print "%"}'
level=2;fi
if [ $x -lt 3600 ];then
echo $x | awk '{printf "%3.1f", ($1 - 3300) / 60}{print "%"}'
level=3;fi
if [ $level -gt 1 ]; then
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_led_pattern_activate string:"PatternError"
fi
if [ $level -le 1 ]; then
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_led_pattern_deactivate string:"PatternError"
fi
if [ $charge == "true" ];then 
echo "Charging"
else 
echo $x | awk '{printf "%1.3fV", $x / 1000}'
fi
exit $level

Last edited by vi_; 2011-03-10 at 11:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
The battery meter the value keep changing, drop and up, is it normal??
yes it shows the state of the battery, if it updated 10 times a second it would really fluctuate because of the load (CPU etc.)

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-03-10 at 12:31.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Ok, I've set up my charging system, as follows:

+ and - battery terminals, with a wire going to where the microusb was. Mounted there is a male 2mm connection (taken from my old e71). This then allows a female 2mm plug to be plugged in, which is then plugged into my external battery charger.

Works for the most part. The problem is that I think my charger is too smart for this kind of system. It will charge for an hour (slowly), and then stop charging. Just before it does this, it drops the voltage to 1.2v. It doesn't actually result in a positive change in battery, capacity stays the same.

I have a cheapie ebay external charger coming in in the next few days, which charges at a consistent 3.7v, perhaps this will remove this problem.

edit: appears to be a problem if the phone is on at the same time as it is charging. If the phone is turned off, charging the battery works normal.

Last edited by Storm_11; 2011-03-10 at 15:35.

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
Ok, I've set up my charging system, as follows:

+ and - battery terminals, with a wire going to where the microusb was. Mounted there is a male 2mm connection (taken from my old e71). This then allows a female 2mm plug to be plugged in, which is then plugged into my external battery charger.

Works for the most part. The problem is that I think my charger is too smart for this kind of system. It will charge for an hour (slowly), and then stop charging. Just before it does this, it drops the voltage to 1.2v. It doesn't actually result in a positive change in battery, capacity stays the same.

I have a cheapie ebay external charger coming in in the next few days, which charges at a consistent 3.7v, perhaps this will remove this problem.

edit: appears to be a problem if the phone is on at the same time as it is charging. If the phone is turned off, charging the battery works normal.
hmmm.
First stop charging with anything giving under 3.3V since this discharges the battery.
Second the charger you ordered charges with 4.1-4.23V, it just says 3.7V because then people know it is for Li-Ion/LiPo, if you charge a Lithium battery with 3.7V it will only charge up 25%, more info on charge % check my meter (Post #3)
The charger should charge the battery even if the phone is ON, if the phone is on it gets it's power from the charger not the battery since the charger has higher potential then the battery.
The cheap charger i refer to some post back, the one from DX where i took a 18650 charger and added a 2mm plug from a Nokia car charger, and this works well, it charges and i can see on my meter when it is full, next for the home made charger project will be a cut off the power when it charges with less then 50ma.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
still waiting for my charger to arrive from ebay. This is the charger: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT. I expect the included batteries to be complete crap though.

Saw this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Extended-Batte...item230f00601b not sure if its of interest to you. Includes a cover and a double size battery. 2800mah apparently.

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
still waiting for my charger to arrive from ebay. This is the charger: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT. I expect the included batteries to be complete crap though.

Saw this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Extended-Batte...item230f00601b not sure if its of interest to you. Includes a cover and a double size battery. 2800mah apparently.
you will find out if the battery's are crap

to bad this thread is so massive now, because we have been over that the 5800 BIG/XL battery does not fit because of the pins location, the normal size BL-5J battery fits fine but the 5800XL does not, look for answer in the first 10 pages... i think

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc