Notices

Originally Posted by Naccache View Post
Hi, just a quick question, I don't feel like reading 71 pages.

What would be really great as an option is a setting that tells the N900 that if a new SIM card gets put in the N900 would automatically send me an email and SMS/MMS with GPS info, photo from both cameras and especially the number of the new SIM.

Is this possible?
71 pages is a lot of pages but the wiki is not so hard to read and you can also search within the post.
That feature that you request is already there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoothc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
just two suggestion!
1>As we all know mail sever or port are creating problem for us! And the result

>>>>email does not work for many of us<<<< (including me)
and most Amazing thing in smscon is

"taking picture of the thief"
so my qustion is Can smscon take picture of the thief and upload it to some site and sends the link through sms????(i think this will surly work and easy also as compared to the email)
2> smscon should have an auto answer feature for a particular number. and ringtone should be silent for the number, thus when phone is theft, we can call the thief and phone will start spying and we can hear what is happening around the thief! and thus we can get more info about him
anyone intrested ????

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
just two suggestion!
1>As we all know mail sever or port are creating problem for us! And the result

>>>>email does not work for many of us<<<< (including me)
and most Amazing thing in smscon is

"taking picture of the thief"
so my qustion is Can smscon take picture of the thief and upload it to some site and sends the link through sms????(i think this will surly work and easy also as compared to the email)
2> smscon should have an auto answer feature for a particular number. and ringtone should be silent for the number, thus when phone is theft, we can call the thief and phone will start spying and we can hear what is happening around the thief! and thus we can get more info about him
email did not work for me too ..hope next update would bring at least ur second suggestion

Email with the front camera pic for me works still good, just tested with smscon-editor. (smscon v0.7-2)

It even worked, when I currently have Dummy-APN in use and N900 is using Internet over Bluetooth-PAN and PC-ADSL.
It correctly switched quckly to GPRS, so it can connect to my 3G-operator's SMTP-server, and then switched back to Bluetooth-Dummy. I couldn't connect that same SMTP-server through the Dummy-APN.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by hathoda View Post
email did not work for me too ..hope next update would bring at least ur second suggestion
email didnt work for me either using my sky email account so i set up a gmail account and it worked using the settings in the wiki smscon editor.

supersmashinggreat

I checked the log in /tmp/smscon.log in my - post theft recovered n900 (full story here) - to realize it was extremely short with hardly any logs.

Could it be that the log file is erased with every phone or deamon restart?

If this is true I think it would be a good idea to keep all smscon logs and maybe even give the option to send it pair e-mail or upload it somewhere as a file etc.)

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by bugfix178 View Post
I checked the log in /tmp/smscon.log in my - post theft recovered n900 (full story here) - to realize it was extremely short with hardly any logs.

Could it be that the log file is erased with every phone or deamon restart?

If this is true I think it would be a good idea to keep all smscon logs and maybe even give the option to send it pair e-mail or upload it somewhere as a file etc.)
so in that long story EMAIL DID NOT WORK for him too!!! anything new for people like us coming here in new update?

I tried installing the SMScon today and appears I have tried it ages ago. The reason is, it was asking me for a password and I don't have a clue what I gave. How can I reset the SMScon passwd?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
so in that long story EMAIL DID NOT WORK for him too!!! anything new for people like us coming here in new update?
In my opinion, the lesson learnt from the story is that the mail is just an additional feature. We would like to make sure the SMS reply is send no matter what. There is a set of users which didn't work for them or worked wrongly (e.g. multiple mails) from day one and Frank is working on replacing that code.

On the next update (answering also to other people's questions) will come mostly fixes and usability changes. There isn't any significant new features but an effort to establish better what we have.

On your problem, are you allowed to have a gmail.com account from your region? This is know address to work with the settings in the wiki.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
I tried installing the SMScon today and appears I have tried it ages ago. The reason is, it was asking me for a password and I don't have a clue what I gave. How can I reset the SMScon passwd?
Have a look in the wiki. I think you'll appreciate the effort.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: