Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I have one of these:

http://www.hollyhockbatteries.com.au/CX4000PRO.html

Rated voltages are: 3.6v and 7.2v for lithium batteries
1200mA max. charge current

I use it to charge the battery only. Although its not 4.2v, would it still be suitable, if I hook the +'s and -'s from the charger to the points you specified?
well it is 4.2V, it's always written as 3.7V, 3.6V is for Li-ION and LiFe is at 3.3V

so yes it would be a fine charger for a system like mine

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
well it is 4.2V, it's always written as 3.7V, 3.6V is for Li-ION and LiFe is at 3.3V

so yes it would be a fine charger for a system like mine
cheers. thanks for the help so far. one more question, whilst taking the top part off my battery, somehow the neutral and negative gold terminals touched. The battery now wont respond to any charging at all. Dead?

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
lol dont worry, whilst trying to see what the problem was, accidentally tore the top circuit off the battery. Time for a new battery it seems

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
cheers. thanks for the help so far. one more question, whilst taking the top part off my battery, somehow the neutral and negative gold terminals touched. The battery now wont respond to any charging at all. Dead?
No it is not dead, i have done this a couple of times, the battery needs a "restart", connect it to a charger (not phone), if you don't have a external charger you can use a LiPo battery or any battery that has a voltage range between 3 - 4.2V, then you connect + ito + pin of the battery and - to -, don't know why this is so but it works..
And this is of course though the plastic connector with the circuit

lol dont worry, whilst trying to see what the problem was, accidentally tore the top circuit off the battery. Time for a new battery it seems
What battery was this, it can be reattached but it is not the most easy thing in the world to do.

---------------------

Side note on the Scud battery's: i only paid 17$ for 2x !!!!! this means that the total cost of the 3000+mAh battery with cover comes to 27$!!!!!

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-03-06 at 09:59.

i want the scud battery somebody sell me one ... do i need external charger for that or the nokia charger on n900 would do?

Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
i want the scud battery somebody sell me one ... do i need external charger for that or the nokia charger on n900 would do?
the link is in post #1, and all battery's do not need an external charger, this is only my solution for fast charging and a broken fuse (which has been fixed) and also to minimize wear & tear on the USB

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-03-06 at 14:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
no removing the "candle" does disable all messages

BUT all functions still work, if you look at the battery meter when charging and the "candle" disabled you can see that it does gain V/% of course give it a few minutes before clicking to update or wait 5 minutes for auto update (default setting)
thanks, the real issue for me is with the candle I get the message that the phone is charging but without it I kind of have to guess. and with the way the n900 reacts to the chargers I have used, you really have no guarantee that it is charging without some type of notification. would it be possible to have the desktop icon change color when charging? That way I could just get rid of the crummy candle....

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Dude, what do u think of this battery in ebay: 290515122423?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
all battery's do not need an external charger, this is only my solution for fast charging and a broken fuse (which has been fixed) and also to minimize wear & tear on the USB
Which really amounts to everyone should have an external charger because (a) hands up, who wants a broken USB port? and (b) lets say you get a really cool high capacity battery setup, do you really want your tablet immobilized for as long as it takes to charge it? No!

Besides, external battery chargers are cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Dude, what do u think of this battery in ebay: 290515122423?
Check post #1, it is ordered and on it's way, i don't have high hopes for it, only way it could be 2250mAh is if it uses new technology, but in 1-3 weeks we will know.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc