Notices

Server Error
Component org.openpsa.products failed to handle the request

---

I've been getting that for about an hour. Any chance of some direct links?

Originally Posted by luca View Post
Does it mean that it's possible for another application (say, maemo mapper), to stop playback and then resume it?
I looked in svn some days ago and that feature seemed incomplete.
It's only notifications (playback started, volume updated, current track info, that kind of thing) you can't control it using dbus yet. But you can control kagu using the remote (exec "kagu -remote <command>" functionality. (See remote.py)

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
I think you have other problems.
Do you want to expand on that? I'm not a programmer, but I can troubleshoot. Does this program possibly conflict with any others? I uninstalled most, if not all of the other programs installed since Kagu used to work. It still goes through the scan and then to the main screen but does not allow screen taps, just sits there, unresponsive. I really like this as my main music player and don't really want to reinstall everything.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
So, for now, in order to get Python 2.5 installed, if you're running Chinook, you'll need to:

[1]added lines in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://repository.maemo.org chinook free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras chinook free non-free

See this email for more info:
http://www.mail-archive.com/maemo-de.../msg12060.html
Thanks for that. Great result, Kagu has installed from Application Manager - Browse Installable Applications.

My ogg files now play perfectly. Earlier I had installed Ogg-Support and whether that is responsible or not I am not sure.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by disq View Post
It's only notifications (playback started, volume updated, current track info, that kind of thing) you can't control it using dbus yet. But you can control kagu using the remote (exec "kagu -remote <command>" functionality. (See remote.py)
The problem with that is that pause is a toggle, there's no separate resume command, so if you want to pause from another application and kagu is already paused, music will start, i.e. the opposite effect of what you wanted.

We have issued an update (1.0.10-2) to fix a crash while playing songs with "track#" info missing in their id3. It's uploaded to maemo garage, and various repositories (bora/chinook/gregale) are being updated so it will appear in your Application Manager soon.

@luca:
This update also provides new remote commands:
"kagu -remote set_pause" to really pause playback (not toggle)
"kagu -remote play" to unpause playback
"kagu -remote volume_up" and "kagu -remote volume_down" for volume adjustments.

First two commands should come in handy configuring maemo-mapper to stop kagu music before flite announcements.

Have successfully updated my Kagu by downloading latest version (1.0.10.2) without a problem. However, have found very curious (but readily reparable, I assume) feature which I'm certain other users also will be quick to notice and point out:

Album title listings identify and label, in addition to the names of the albums, the number of tracks on each album -- but calling them "songs." It might, perhaps, be slightly useful to some users to give the number of tracks on each album, but not to label them as "songs" (even if they sometimes are). In my case, they're usually movements in classical compositions or chapters in books.

Anyway, again my appreciation to all responsible for the hard work and constant improvements in this already splendid and most useful application.

@powder2000:

does the 1.0.10-2 update fix your freezing problem?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by disq View Post
First two commands should come in handy configuring maemo-mapper to stop kagu music before flite announcements.

Thanks, that was exactly what the doctor ordered

I would like to offer up a note of minor caution to those users of Kagu who in the past have sought to exclude search paths by editing their /usr/lib/kagu/globals.py file (line "path_a).

I have found that the current update to Kagu returns the previous default "path_a" to this file, thereby scanning into Kagu some possibly unwanted items upon the intitial rescanning required by the update.

My suggestion to those who have previously edited their "path_a" to exclude some search paths, is to go back into /usr/lib/kagu/globals.py and re-edit "path_a" back to the way you want it, prior to running a rescan.

All is not lost, however, if you've rescanned without performing this re-edit: you can do the re-edit afterward then run a complete scan.