Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Oh well, it's finally time to say goodbye..
I want to take this opportunity to thank the community and the devs in particular for making this a good place to learn, and for making the N900 such a great device.
I have become used to the 'openess' of the N900, not to mention the power, and can honestly say it has been an interesting 18 months or so.
From the pre-launch event in London with LCUK wowing us with his demonstration, to the final sell out and the move to WP7, I have loved my N900..
I was hoping for a N9 MeeGo, but even if Nokia do release something this year, alot of people won't buy it, and it won't get the dev support as it is a 'one off'.
Im going to cross over to the dark side and I have ordered an Android phone, Im apprehensive and excited at the same time.I know it is closed, hasn't got the same power,and there will be alot of things I cant do on it, and I know it will annoy me no end...
But there will be somethings I can do, that I have missed
Zinio reader for all my digital mags
City Index spreadbetting app
Google maps
More choice for realtime share prices
A kindle App
Plus the native integration into all the Google services

If there was going to be a MeeGo device, I would go without, and hope that these would come as the market developed, but I can't see that now, at least not in the near future.
I will still browse here, but my daily browse of the current posts will be no more, though I will keep an eye out as you never know.

So the N900 will now become my work phone only as it still can do things no other can, and my Android phone will become my daily usage device.
Thanks again to everyone - you really are a very resourceful and clever bunch of guys, and you have made the N900 the device it is today..
Here is hoping that Intel can find a manufacturer and bring MeeGo to a phone soon..

So long Guys, and thanks for all the fish!

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Yeah good luck mate, im also getting the gaxlaxy S 2 soon as it hits Australia. Il keep the n900 but yeah loving the s 2 specs and look

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Oh well, it's finally time to say goodbye..
I want to take this opportunity to thank the community and the devs in particular for making this a good place to learn, and for making the N900 such a great device.
I have become used to the 'openess' of the N900, not to mention the power, and can honestly say it has been an interesting 18 months or so.
From the pre-launch event in London with LCUK wowing us with his demonstration, to the final sell out and the move to WP7, I have loved my N900..
I was hoping for a N9 MeeGo, but even if Nokia do release something this year, alot of people won't buy it, and it won't get the dev support as it is a 'one off'.
Im going to cross over to the dark side and I have ordered an Android phone, Im apprehensive and excited at the same time.I know it is closed, hasn't got the same power,and there will be alot of things I cant do on it, and I know it will annoy me no end...
But there will be somethings I can do, that I have missed
Zinio reader for all my digital mags
City Index spreadbetting app
Google maps
More choice for realtime share prices
A kindle App
Plus the native integration into all the Google services

If there was going to be a MeeGo device, I would go without, and hope that these would come as the market developed, but I can't see that now, at least not in the near future.
I will still browse here, but my daily browse of the current posts will be no more, though I will keep an eye out as you never know.

So the N900 will now become my work phone only as it still can do things no other can, and my Android phone will become my daily usage device.
Thanks again to everyone - you really are a very resourceful and clever bunch of guys, and you have made the N900 the device it is today..
Here is hoping that Intel can find a manufacturer and bring MeeGo to a phone soon..

So long Guys, and thanks for all the fish!
Surprised you are jumping ship now just as the CSSU's arrived and beofre the S2 etc turn up, what Android device are you moving to? let us know how you get on as we may all have to join the" dark side" once our N900's expire!

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
T-mobile offered me a free Galaxy, same sim, all I had to do was extend my contract for another 12 months...
Im thinking use it for 3 months, decide whether I can put up with android, if I can, flog the Galaxy and buy an Atrix or equivalent phone.
All the while keeping an eye out for Nokia sacking the board and moving back to MeeGo

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!