Active Topics

Hi,

Since I am moving abroad soon, I need to change all the phone numbers in my contacts to international format (So I can still dial them when I'm abroad). Is there any way to do a "search and replace" on the contacts database so that every leading 0 in a phone number is changed to the international prefix?

Thank you.

Bump.....?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
If you sync it to your PC to OVI suite or sync it to google or another service, it might be easier to do it by hand.
Also those services usually are ably to export and import it.
So you could export it, search/replace the country code and reimport it.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by eesh View Post
Hi,

Since I am moving abroad soon, I need to change all the phone numbers in my contacts to international format (So I can still dial them when I'm abroad). Is there any way to do a "search and replace" on the contacts database so that every leading 0 in a phone number is changed to the international prefix?

Thank you.
Not with a gui. Most probably you can edit the sqlite by hand and run an "update" query to prefix the numbers with what you want.

Thanks for the reply, caco3...

I thought of maybe doing something similar to an export + edit + import by doing a backup, a search and replace, and then restoring the backup. Would something like that work? How dangerous is it?

The reason I don't want to use a sync to Outlook or anything else is that syncs use different "mappings", for example, what shows up in the N900 as "Mobile (home)" could show up as "Car Telephone" in Outlook... So I'd rather do as little of these as possible.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
The reason I don't want to use a sync to Outlook or anything else is that syncs use different "mappings", for example, what shows up in the N900 as "Mobile (home)" could show up as "Car Telephone" in Outlook... So I'd rather do as little of these as possible.
Thats indeed a risk, how ever if you use OVI suite, it has a built in editor. There is no need to use something like outlook for it.
As I am not using windoze, I cant check it right now.

I thought of maybe doing something similar to an export + edit + import by doing a backup, a search and replace, and then restoring the backup. Would something like that work? How dangerous is it?.

if you can find the address book data in the backup, edit and repack it, I do not see any risk. If it goes wrong, you always can restore an untouched backup.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
export all contacts as .csv and edit them in excel. that would be the easiest option i think.

Where are the phone's contacts backed up? Is it Root\home\user\.osso-abook-backup\db\addressbook.db in comm_and_cal.zip?