Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
By licensing the engine to developers, they could negotiate a % of fee/royalty PER TITLE.
So here is the reason why each app must be converted/cross-compiled to "optimized" Alien Dalvik !
I am so naive that I have not understood alone, as in my opinion there is no need of such a process.

Maybe I can get millionaire but I prefer to get help, reach the target and make open source win...
http://ymartin59.free.fr/wordpress/i...et-n900-maemo/

The Following User Says Thank You to ymartin59 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
So here is the reason why each app must be converted/cross-compiled to "optimized" Alien Dalvik !
I am so naive that I have not understood alone, as in my opinion there is no need of such a process.

Maybe I can get millionaire but I prefer to get help, reach the target and make open source win...
Great hearing from you...how's the proyect going? Any progress since Jan 8th?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
My heart goes out to all the people who have suffered losses and lost their homes... god i hope no more die.
If you would like to keep an update on this news you can read it from this New Zealand news site.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/

Death told is now at 76. Only keep rising every minute and hours of delay.

This is a map show who's helping NZ.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
What's the progress of that? The article you linked is from more than half a year ago..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2011-02-25 at 23:40.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
What's the progress of that? The article you linked is from more than half a year ago..
It is not. The last Entry is Jan 8th.

bump!!

Keep this topic alive

I Like this idea, and would gladly pay a hansome sum of money for an app like this.

We could ask for the Community Council or someone reliable to open a paypal account so everyone can chip in and we can then pay for development or buy it from a company willing to sell it.

Nokia, of courso, will not buy anything like this, since they completely abandoned Maemo and MeeGo. Intel has no interest in this, I think. And I don't think that there is any company willing to pay for something like this. If they don't sell to end users, they will probably never see a dime back.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Why don't we just decide on one google app and ask for a quote? Since Nokia abandoned this platform long ago, we can probably convince them to work with us directly and perhaps cut us a deal. They should really consider it because they are screwed if someone else figures out how to duplicate their work.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I'll donate with all the money I added to my paypal account, which mainly consists of money I got from answering some surveys

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
I Like this idea, and would gladly pay a hansome sum of money for an app like this.

We could ask for the Community Council or someone reliable to open a paypal account so everyone can chip in and we can then pay for development or buy it from a company willing to sell it.

Nokia, of courso, will not buy anything like this, since they completely abandoned Maemo and MeeGo. Intel has no interest in this, I think. And I don't think that there is any company willing to pay for something like this. If they don't sell to end users, they will probably never see a dime back.
I agree, maybe the community council could try to negotiate a price, and then we could all chip in (anyone interested), in order to "license" alien dalvik for the n900.