I have Cingular basic media net package. I can pair the 2 devices, they recognize each other, but I can not connect. I went thru the wizard and thought I did it correctly. Please help!

Originally Posted by gpalton
I have Cingular basic media net package. I can pair the 2 devices, they recognize each other, but I can not connect. I went thru the wizard and thought I did it correctly. Please help!

What, exactly, happens, when you try to connect? Does the 770 display any messages? Does the phone display any messages?

- Rich

The phone does not say anything and the 770 says "remote server error" Thanks in advance!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Lyon, France
Once again: you have to subscribe to the correct service (data web) at Cingular in order to connect to the Internet from OUTSIDE the mobile through the mobile.
db

So Media Net will not work? Cingular "Data Connect" costs $19.99 for 5mb a month, a far cry from Media Net and $19.99 for unlimited.

Please advise!

there is a write up on how to do this somewhere tho its done with cingular and a razor phone

heres is the skinny tho:

1. make sure you can connect using the phone
2. on the nokia 770 leave the apn blank, the phone no *#99***, the user name WAPS@CINGULARGPRS, Password CINGULAR1

Okay, this is off the top of my head but its something of this nature. you can find the setting off the phone.

ive done it though i havent got the plan and so its cost .o1 a kb. i just did it to see if it works

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
I've been using the unlimited Data Connect plan ($39.99 / mnth) with this model phone with no hassles. Sometimes the connection will remain inactive for a brief period, but I beleive that is due to the terrain where I work, very hilly, rural area. I suggest upgrading to the more expensive plan if you can swing it, I really love it paired with the 770.