Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i undertstand what you are saying.
and i know that everyone has its favours.
some guys like playing games via xterm and some like a nice shining gui.and thats good so.
but the fact that 75 percent of androids apps and games have still support by the devs speaks totally for android.
what i tried to tell you was:you can't say that maemo has apps which android doesn't because its simply not true.maybe the apps are too "high quality" for some people but but they are still there.
anyway its just my opinion, and everyone should get what he wants
regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
That's what I'm thinking too, but I'll tote a dumb phone and a tablet.
Meh. When I first saw the iPad, I thought "Wow, it's just like an iPhone, only bigger! A larger, bulkier, heavier, more expensive device that you can use to waste time on, only you can't make phone calls with this one."

You can't actually do anything with these tablets, can you? The way they're designed, you really are supposed to just hold it in one hand and look at it. It's incredibly hard to type on the things, especially on the go; the N900 is far easier if you're in a car or at a restaurant or whatever. And you still have to jailbreak/root the thing if you want to put any real software on it; apps are just apps, no matter how many of them get cranked out...

Do you use a tablet for anything other than watching media or playing games? (And aren't there already far cheaper and easier methods for doing those things?)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I also understand and I agree with your point concerning dev support. Although I never said maemo has apps nobody has, I was implying that what maemo has, android has, and vice versa (on a basic level, not counting the aesthetics). But when it comes down to preferences, I guess most people are just gonna get appealed to the "high-quality"ness (yes i like inventing words lol) of an application.

But back to the thread, my loyalty will forever remain with the N900 and there's nothing of (personal) interest on android/iOS.

The ONLY thing that can attract my loyalty, is a device able to easily communicate with others devices of other classes. For exemple a phone, a laptop, a television, a car, a refrigerator all able to talk to each other. That's what I was awaiting out of MeeGo many many months ago...

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
As long as none of the three horses support proper call recording they are useless to.me. (some android 1.x phones support it but google killed it in 2.x) Plus I strongly dislike the 3 horse companies. I also dislike phones with 4" or bigger screen. I'll stay with Nokias penguin for a long time i think. If I ever have to change before a Meego phone surfaces I'll prolly get a Nokia Symbian (I highly doubt it goes away anytime soon) those always supported call recording...

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
The S2 is flipping gorgeous. Great specs, and i'm quite fond of the interface as well.

I really like the Optimus 3D as well (first class specs and stereo viewing -- which I think is cool). This makes it a good contender for best in class, but something tells me that the S2 will pull out ahead.

I'm not fond of Sammy devices taking ages to get updates. Now that Google is back to a fast release cycle (2/year), the S2 OS is going to start to feel old by summer. It would be nice if there were some assurances that this phone would be getting the latest OS releases.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
The S2 is flipping gorgeous. Great specs, and i'm quite fond of the interface as well.

I really like the Optimus 3D as well (first class specs and stereo viewing -- which I think is cool). This makes it a good contender for best in class, but something tells me that the S2 will pull out ahead.

I'm not fond of Sammy devices taking ages to get updates. Now that Google is back to a fast release cycle (2/year), the S2 OS is going to start to feel old by summer. It would be nice if there were some assurances that this phone would be getting the latest OS releases.
Optimus 3D is good. But the problem is 512MB of RAM (Dual channel but still 512MB) With 3D capability and stuff shouldn't it needs more than 512MB? Also it only has 2.2 android. Another down side is 5MP camera (Dual) which a step back from GS2. 1080P with 5mpx hmm... not bad but won't be excellent either.

The processor is great but what's up with the internal and RAM? Otherwise I would of fallen completely if it has 8mpx dual camera and 1GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB internal i'll be all in.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
i cant see myself holding any other phone than n900.galaxy s2 maybe good but without keyboard more importantly without community,its just another cell phone.......

The Following User Says Thank You to heartbreakdoctor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
I can see myself buying an Android Phone/tablet... when there is a Meego port for it.

At least while my N900 works should be something too compelling to switch, and that means doing/having most what the N900 does, and probably better, and not an easy thing to do, even now, a year and half after it was released.

Originally Posted by gmuslera View Post
I can see myself buying an Android Phone/tablet... when there is a Meego port for it.

At least while my N900 works should be something too compelling to switch, and that means doing/having most what the N900 does, and probably better, and not an easy thing to do, even now, a year and half after it was released.
You should check out the Galaxy Tab Info Thread (a few pages from the end). Lardman is porting MeeGo to the Tab and already has it booting. Seriously.

Perhaps you could lend a hand with the port?

Here's a Samsung video highlighting some killer features of the new Super AMOLED Plus display:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIEUv-xkfI

Simply put, it looks like the best display on the market and improves upon the already excellent SAMOLED.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, s2 arc astrix, s2 ftw, s2=super phone