Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
my N800 seems to freeze up occasionally and die. Battery's full, everything seems in order as far as the sd cards are concerned... but when it dies, it stays dead for a few hours at a time... sometimes as many as 8. Then, suddenly, it functions fine... as though nothing ever happened. Anyone have any insight on this problem?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bogota, Colombia
I have the exact same problem, i think since i updated with OS2007, im not sure.

anyone else with this issue?

Elton

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Yes, most likely it is a runaway process. I had problems with the metacrawler process & other processes. To find out for sure install top or htop for xterm or install status bar graph or some other CPU monitoring tool and you can see what percentage of the CPU is being used.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bogota, Colombia
the weird thing is that iv been trying reflashing my n800 to see if it solves the problem and sometimes it boots smooth and someother its same slow, even with the original software without installing anything...

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
I have other version, NIT works fine, but when you turn it off an keep off for more than 15 minutes, then doesn't turn on again; after severals pushs on power button, then comes back to life.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
Still having this issue... I tried a program called seatbelt that was designed for HE 07 to keep it from crashing often. That worked for a while, then when it started failing all the crashes it provented happened in less than 24 hours. Or at least it seemed so. I am planning to update this one to OS2008 in the next few days... if that doesn't fix it, ebay will be getting a new item...

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
The following may or may not help. But if I understand you correctly it's on but just off doing something and there is no response. If this is true a quick way to get it back is to pull the battery. Hardly a solution but beats waiting 8 hours.

As for the reason. I had mine doing this a while back and it accidentally got cured when I change to a new (and larger, but just cause I wanted more room for songs) SD card. Seems there was something bad/wrong with the one I had in there before (that held the swap file) and it was causing some problems when the IT tried to swap out. You might try removing the swap file and then adding back after you change the internal and external SD cards around.

Second option. RMA. If you get lucky maybe Nokia will agree to an RMA and upgrade, for a small fee.