With all the symbian drama going on and nokia down the tubes of sorts with the garbage windows phone....

i was thinking of ordering a n900 from nokia usa just to have a 2nd on hand as a backup,

i went to nokia usa and you can no longer get one

anazon has em, but it still feels sad

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
They havent had them for a while. Why aren't you happy that Amazon has it

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I have a three year warranty. On mine. Unfortunately, if it doesn't break soon, I will likely end up being offered a NWP8 device as a replacement.

Oops the USB port just came out.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

nothing wrong with amazon phone. i got my n900 used off craigslist and wanted a nice shiny new one from nokia.

i was considering a ,nokia E7 just for the keyboard to have along with my n900. but now symbian is dead and if i am going with an abandoned phone os, ill stick with maemo

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
http://shop.nokia.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...eAllPhonesView

Still available in the UK - and prolly other European locations too. Do we assume you're from the USA as you didn't mention it?

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Yes from the USA

I was shopping at the Nokia USA store. I have been using my current N900 since June (purchased it used off craigslist) I found out about the N900 while on a forum for openpandora.org its a open linux handheld project (I just got mine) that apparently has the same hardware at the N900 (arm cortex A8, 256MB ram, ect)

I had been patiently waiting for my pre-ordered pandora and the N900 came up in the forums. I had a t-mobile sidekick (yes basic, but I have been using sidekicks since 2002 when they were the latest and greatest)

Anyway.. when It came time for a new phone & since the N900 worked on t-mobile 3.5G hspa I jumped on it, I love it, a truly amazing phone. So I came late. And honestly, not much out there has impressed me. I liked the E7 for the keyboard, but like I said, if i am going to stick with a adandoned system, Ill stick with maemo (well at least abandoned by the manufactuer, not the community)

:-)

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Not sad at all IMO... It's better if we keep N900 away from Nokia, because of their recent screw-ups...

The Following User Says Thank You to AMLJ For This Useful Post:
Itīs even more sad that the N9 has been dropped for the consumers. Thatīs sad. So i also consider to buy another N900 for backup. :-(

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New Mexico, USA
Actually, the N900 has been "on again, off again" at the NokiaUSA.com storefront for some time now... for that matter, NokiaUSA.com is a joke - it's basically a disjointed e-commerce site, with only a hodge-podge of phone info, and most of its support options cross-linked to europe.nokia.com.

You can still get the N900 from Amazon, and NewEgg still has some stock left (correction, I just checked and they're out).