Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by da_nvncbl View Post
thanks for reply but I know how to overclock it but the problem is to overclock n900 on maemo you need enhanced kernel which I am not able to download because of the conflicts with kernel-maemo-modules, kernel-maemo, can you help on that to me????
Firstly let's get things straight. This conflict did not result from installing Nitdroid as a reflash should eliminate Nitdroid completely. Secondly, even if Nitdroid is still installed you can't get that kernel confict. Now, to solve your problems, I recommend a flash or try this (may brick it):
Code:
root
apt-get -f install
Type this exactly as shown without anything after install.

I have next question. Autor write that the file http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2 have to be save in home/user/MyDocs. If I download a file I save it to N900/Documents by the computer. So If I after type to X term frase

cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2

it writes

bzip2: Can't open input file gingerbread.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.

How to save a file to /home/user/MyDocs. Or what i have to do? I dont understand, thx.

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
here will nitdroid run faster on the internal memory or on a class 10 sundisk ???
It will run as 98% efficient and fast as Maemo 5 does.

Originally Posted by arono View Post
Should I install 0.09 or Gingerbread on internal memory? Also how much space will android have available, is the emmc images necessary ?
Nitdroid will barely take 90 MB of space, but you shall need the custom EMMC if you use preenv, and, bigger is better

Originally Posted by actiii View Post
I have next question. Autor write that the file http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2 have to be save in home/user/MyDocs. If I download a file I save it to N900/Documents by the computer. So If I after type to X term frase

cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2

it writes

bzip2: Can't open input file gingerbread.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.

How to save a file to /home/user/MyDocs. Or what i have to do? I dont understand, thx.
I assume that you pasted the file in N900/.documents under your computer, but that's totally wrong. MyDocs is the root directory of your N900 under your PC. That is, just hook up your device to your PC, open it, then directly paste it there. Otherwise you can do it on Xterm:
Code:
root
mv /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/gingerbread.tar.bz2 /home/user/MyDocs
It may not show clearly, but after typing gingerbread.tar.bz2 hit spacebar then continue typing /home/.............

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-02-16 at 16:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Sorry for my idiot reply, but I still don't understand. So again, I connect N900 to computer by the USB. On N900 I click on PC Suite mode or Mass storage mode? I click on PC Suite mode, then in computer I have "apliccation" N900 (PC-Suite Mode) - you said "open it" what I have to open? N900 (PC-Suite Mode) and then paste a file there? It's not go, I can only save a file to (Audio Clips, Data, Documents, etc)

I maybe don't understand to sentence "MyDocs is the root directory of your N900 under your PC." English isn't my language, I am from Czech, so..sorry

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I assume that you pasted the file in N900/.documents under your computer, but that's totally wrong. MyDocs is the root directory of your N900 under your PC. That is, just hook up your device to your PC, open it, then directly paste it there. Otherwise you can do it on Xterm:
Code:
root
It may not show clearly, but after typing gingerbread.tar.bz2 hit spacebar then continue typing /home/.............
ok, I saved the file to N900/Documents (by the pc) and then I type to X term
Code:
root
-> enter. Nothing happens, is it clear? So I can now write the next step
Code:
(cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2)
etc..etc..?

ok, I saved the file to N900/Documents (by the pc) and then I type to X term
Code:
root
-> enter. Nothing happens, is it clear? So I can now write the next step
Code:
(cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2)
etc..etc..?
yes yes, but just to be sure, open file manager in your N900, then got to N900 then scroll down just to see if gingerbread.tar.bz2 is there.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
yes, is it there, thank you very much! I'm going on next steps..

yes, is it there, thank you very much! I'm going on next steps..
That's what the thanks button is for!

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid