Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
here will nitdroid run faster on the internal memory or on a class 10 sundisk ???

Should I install 0.09 or Gingerbread on internal memory? Also how much space will android have available, is the emmc images necessary ?

hey bro
ma pro is that when i "tar xvf /home....0.0.9.tar" it gives me :
tar: cannot remove old file etc: it is a directory
i skipped that and completed the installation i booted nitdroid it freezes on android boot screen
thanks regard

all rite i had to reflash my device after successfully using nitdroid on n900 and after reflash i have noticed that I am not able to install enhanced kernel or it settings or kernel maemo flasher to change the kernels as it gives me the error message as conflict with packages: kernel-modules-maemo
kernel-maemo
any suggestions or help plzzzzz as I am not able to overclock my phone as i cannot install the enhanced kernel

Originally Posted by da_nvncbl View Post
all rite i had to reflash my device after successfully using nitdroid on n900 and after reflash i have noticed that I am not able to install enhanced kernel or it settings or kernel maemo flasher to change the kernels as it gives me the error message as conflict with packages: kernel-modules-maemo
kernel-maemo
any suggestions or help plzzzzz as I am not able to overclock my phone as i cannot install the enhanced kernel
use the guide on the first page about overclocking maemo..

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
here will nitdroid run faster on the internal memory or on a class 10 sundisk ???
it will be just as fast as internal memory, you wont feel much difference.. however the battery life isnt great on memory card..

@arono it is recommended to install gingerbread from scratch howver you can install over 0.0.9 but dont blame me if anything goes wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tele View Post
use the guide on the first page about overclocking maemo..
thanks for reply but I know how to overclock it but the problem is to overclock n900 on maemo you need enhanced kernel which I am not able to download because of the conflicts with kernel-maemo-modules, kernel-maemo, can you help on that to me????

Hi,

I have a problem. I just did a step

Installing Gingerbread to the EMMC:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again

and after I turned off my mobile phone by mistake (using maemo 5). And now if I want turn on N900, there is a message

NOKIA N900 - MULTIBOT
press a key to select
1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

If I press anything nothing happen. Mobile can't connect by usb, because is in offline mode. I can't use N900, I can't turn on mobile.

Please help, I am not a professional.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by actiii View Post
Hi,

I have a problem. I just did a step

Installing Gingerbread to the EMMC:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again

and after I turned off my mobile phone by mistake (using maemo 5). And now if I want turn on N900, there is a message

NOKIA N900 - MULTIBOT
press a key to select
1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

If I press anything nothing happen. Mobile can't connect by usb, because is in offline mode. I can't use N900, I can't turn on mobile.

Please help, I am not a professional.
Firstly, do you get the same message if you start up with the keyboard closed? Secondly, what happens if you press "0" at the boot menu?

I have already done it, thanks..

I had to press 1 on keyboard and now I am back in Maemo.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid