Active Topics

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
That's so weird. I've been using it since yesterday without any problem so far (only one small issue with gmail.com).
Yeah. I think it is quite stable. There have been a few browser crashes, but still that is expected even with the old firmware. Tuxedosteve i think you have a problem somewhere. For one thing the new os is far better than the previous one.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. The shared folder isn't actually a Samba shared folder (windows file sharing), but instead uPnP media sharing.
Ok, damn... that would explain it
So we still need to load the cifs module by hand in order to access windows shares...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Just discovered: Internet Radio, Directory service.
A big list of Internet radio, updated from the Internet and divided by categories.

Actually, Jupex, it IS a finished product. Even if it leaked out, it is the final version that will appear on the N810.
Texrat said somewhere that his version was newer...

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Yeah. I think it is quite stable. There have been a few browser crashes, but still that is expected even with the old firmware. Tuxedosteve i think you have a problem somewhere. For one thing the new os is far better than the previous one.
I agree that the new OS is much much better than 2007. The only problem I'm having is Microb being crashy. But since this is an internet tablet I expect the browser to be as stable as Opera used to be. In my opinion Microb still needs some work.

It's just a shame the Nethack dev has vanished as it doesn't work under 2008

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
Ok, damn... that would explain it
So we still need to load the cifs module by hand in order to access windows shares...
I didn't have a problem on seeing and accessing shared folders on my XP machine? The only "problem" is that if there is a lot of (big) files, it takes "forever" for N800 to get the file list shown...

Is a new mplayer for 2008 available?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
He is getting latest weekly (sometimes daily!) beta releases directly from Nokia intranet...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
But Quim stated that last week the N810 are going thru the Nokia channels and should hit the store shelves this week.
They are going to be shipped with this firmware.

Of course they are still working on it and Texrat may well be a betatester for them.

But Quim stated that last week the N810 are going thru the Nokia channels and should hit the store shelves this week. They are going to be shipped with this firmware.
Missed that thread, thanks!